Sad News Looking For A New Pick Me Up

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Like the title states, I have sad news my Keurig of about 4 years gave up the ghost. It was in trouble for the last year and I tried everything to gt it to work this time but.... its gone. :(

I need a new unit to pick me up in the morning but is the Keurig really the right choice?

Anyone have any recommendations?

The new Keurig have that issue with the coded kcups not really an issue I get the boxes from Costco. But its damn expensive and the coffee is sub par. what should i get?

Thanks for any input. I really need to act fast the mornings are ruff

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
interesting I was just looking at reviews on this one. Single serve is perfect for me cuz i live alone in a hermit like life style and have stopped drinking pots. one for Breakfast work one at McDonalds on the way to work and one at 3 pm at work. but that one is a bargoon
Hamilton Beach 49981C Single Serve Coffee Maker

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
My dad didnt drink that much coffee and my parents had 11 so go figure. All my siblings never had more than 2

My father was from a family of 11 as well

zoomster

I have the big Cuisinart Keurig maker.
Had it since they first came out, never had a single problem and still works like brand new! Its what fuels my wife and my motors every morning. A wee bit more money than most of them but the quality of the unit makes it worth every penny IMO.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Have the big one at work I bought the cheap one years ago but it was grinding and making those Keurig noises that are kind of irritating. I cleaned it with the paper clip trick a few times but it's done.

Those cups are pretty expensive if you ask me and a high priced coffee and grinder would pay for itself in a few months since those boxes at Costco are $40-$50

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Have the big one at work I bought the cheap one years ago but it was grinding and making those Keurig noises that are kind of irritating. I cleaned it with the paper clip trick a few times but it's done.

Those cups are pretty expensive if you ask me and a high priced coffee and grinder would pay for itself in a few months since those boxes at Costco are $40-$50
no answer to the Keurig purchase, but I use refillable plastic cups and save a lot of money using whatever coffee I choose instead of throwing the single uses in the garbage. Picked them up at Giant Tiger, 3 for around 10 bucks

Quartapound

Once hacked, I like my keurig 2.0... It can make many different sizes of coffee, and even do a 'strong' slower brew... The hack unlocks extra menus and disables the DRM so you can use whatever pod/refillable you want. I posted the DIY here awhile back.

It's so fast and easy compared to normal machines... even refillable pods take up time that I'd rather be spending in bed lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I picked up the one shamous recommended at crappy tire last one left and it was hidden. Ran a few vinager and water through it and have to figure it all out but it will use the cups on the one side and even comes with a handy dandy travel mug. I'll be bright eyed and bushie tail tomorrow morning.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Once hacked, I like my keurig 2.0... It can make many different sizes of coffee, and even do a 'strong' slower brew... The hack unlocks extra menus and disables the DRM so you can use whatever pod/refillable you want. I posted the DIY here awhile back.

It's so fast and easy compared to normal machines... even refillable pods take up time that I'd rather be spending in bed lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I had no idea there was a hack for this Keurig ! cool !

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
This new Coffee maker can use any of those brands of cups or just straight coffee out of the can. Best of both worlds

Skim

I heard there was a new unit coming out from Columbia, when you push the handle down it dispenses two perfect lines of Columbia's finest and and a fresh straw. Guaranteed to put a little pep in your step in the morning.

chief hill

I did a video on the hack a year ago. Actually played with it a bit and got the magnet working anywhere on the front side now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk