Say Hi To Pete!

Kayce76

I just wanted everyone to see my new pride and joy :) He will be in my 220g as soon as I'm done converting the tank from canisters to a sump.

His name is Pete Btw ;) I promised Koen's wife i would keep the name :) And thanks again Koen for this beauty!!
photo(2).JPG

Skim

They are neat but still freak me out. I remember Big Al's in Miss. had like a 7' Green one it was big and thick like your leg. I don't know if they still have it or not but it was in with the sharks. One time I went to the store and I ask for Steve ( he was the brain when it came to fish, if you had a question he had the answer ) and was told he was not in, I said oh he told me to come in and see him today. Well there was a leak in the Shark tank and they were working on it all week in waste deep water well guess whose leg got munched on by one of the sharks, Steve and was in the Hospital. Boy that must have been quite the scene guys yelling customers freaking.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Congrats on picking him up.nice to see him to go to a good home

thehvacman

Nice eel!
They are neat but still freak me out. I remember Big Al's in Miss. had like a 7' Green one it was big and thick like your leg. I don't know if they still have it or not but it was in with the sharks. One time I went to the store and I ask for Steve ( he was the brain when it came to fish, if you had a question he had the answer ) and was told he was not in, I said oh he told me to come in and see him today. Well there was a leak in the Shark tank and they were working on it all week in waste deep water well guess whose leg got munched on by one of the sharks, Steve and was in the Hospital. Boy that must have been quite the scene guys yelling customers freaking.
I was un there and saw them in the tank working on it, and thought the shark was contemplating an attack! It looked very active and agitated, I wouldn't have gotten in that tank! Hope he recovers ok. Talk about work place dangers :)

thehvacman

Oh ok. 2 weeks ago they were working on the tank . They had it drained down to waste deep . The guy was working on the tank with his back turned to the shark , and it was circling very close to him. It really wouldn't have surprised me to hear he got bit. The sharks are conditioned to feeding from humans at least weekly, so I would think that it would associate people with food!