School Project, Mini Marine Biologists In The Making

Jason Bell

It has been a long time since my last post. COVID basically shut down the students access to he tank so. I have just been doing minimal maintenance on the school tank. And it shows.

I picked up some upgrades yesterday.... Will be getting the tank ready for the new students coming in September. Hopefully they will be able to start to use it in there program for the foreseeable future.

Should be able to keep updates on the tank and the children progress in the new school year.
View attachment 23149View attachment 23150
Excellent! I love my Nyos, need a larger one, but I love it none the less. Great pumps too and can never go wrong with those lights, the kids should really enjoy.

Troy

Dannngg what’s going on with the blue tang :(
Sever case of malnutrition. Poor thing was black 2 years ago. Would not eat it veggies. Now one a veggie dominant diet but will never fully recover. Unfortunately.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Too bad to see your blue tang like this.

Maybe a good class project to see if the students can bring him back?
A challenge, but persistence over the school year might show progress.

I would try to supplement his diet with silicon and vitamins. Possible soak his food in this prior to feedings?

Selcon_sm.jpg
fish-v_5ba14486-4209-483d-a95a-268df5adc40d_1024x1024.jpg

Does he eat pellets and or flakes? A few good options out there to consider.

71w1TTGJhHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81kMOvIUGZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Have had excellent results with the products above.

I would try and see what happens :)

Troy

I will definitely look into some of these. We switched to NorthFin Veggie, all the fish seem to chase it down quickly. I add some krill pellets for the box fish and wrasse. Once the school is back into session, they will get a regular dose of a variety of foods that the students will see what the fish like the best... Joke is on them, when I started to read ingredients, they are all basically the same.