Second system

shipwreck

Today was a great day, I have permission to fire the old 120g back up as an angel/butterfly tank.

Went to pick up a replacement fuge tank (broke mine this week) and the wife saw a juvenile queen angel. This is the first fish in all my years other then the yellow tang that she really liked and couldn't stop watching.  So told her that it couldn't go in the reef. Suggested if she wanted it I would have to start the old tank up. Since the previous tank is built in she realized it would jus be easier to start the tank back up.

So the angel is in the qt tank and will be waiting for its new home.

So the 120 will be low tech, low light, easy and cheap corals like mushrooms or leathers and whatever doesn't get eaten.

Inhabitants will be the queen and eventually an emperor angel (my fav angel) and then some other non reef fish tbd. 

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Cool!!!

Gotta have a fish and softies system for those non reef safe goodies.  Also as an exile tank for the "supposed to be reef safe" fish that don't work out.

Does this mean that I don't get the skimmer?    ;)

shipwreck

AdInfinitum link said:

Skimmers still yours. I will be looking for a smaller under tank skimmer.  This will be a much smaller simpler setup.

Darryl_V link said:
Some pics of your big system would be cool....

I will work on them. Been procrastinating on that as the display side of the tank is still not done and the fish room hasn't been clean enough for pics yet.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
shipwreck link said:
[quote author=AdInfinitum link=topic=7971.msg83938#msg83938 date=1393717559]

Skimmers still yours. I will be looking for a smaller under tank skimmer.  This will be a much smaller simpler setup.

[/quote]

Cool...And on a completely unrelated note...My wife will visiting relatives next weekend in case you'll be in London or maybe a drive up to see your system is in order.  ;)

shipwreck link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7971.msg83941#msg83941 date=1393720490]
Some pics of your big system would be cool....

I will work on them. Been procrastinating on that as the display side of the tank is still not done and the fish room hasn't been clean enough for pics yet.
[/quote]

+1 I want to see pics of this big build and/or see it in person even if it's not at the "eye candy" stage yet.

I've also been putting off posting pics of mine until things are closer to where I want them to be.  I have been told that I may be missing the point...my system will never look like Darryl's, Jordan's or Duke's but the same could be said for most of us.