SID for Digital Aquatics Reef Keepers

• Thread starter phi delt reefer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phi delt reefer

Hey Guys - does anyone here in London have a SID they have used SUCCESSFULLY with MYREEF2.0?

I have a 2.0 SID but its not allowing me to see anythign attached to it via the myreef software. I have tried to install and unistall and 3 hours of other things but cant get it to work. My research online seems to say its related to the SID. I am going to send my in but before I do i just wanted to make sure before blowing $20 on postage.

timmies coffee on me for anyone willing to help  ;D

cheers
Vince

P

phi delt reefer

yeah step one is to update the SID (to v.2.08) which I was able to do successfully.

After completing that I was unable to update any of the other modules (RKL head unit, 2 PC4s)

from what i can tell the older 2.0 SIDs are having issues with updating any pre version 2.x modules.  Cant be 100% sure - but there is not official documentation on the issue. Just me reading a couple hundred posts and drawing my own conclusions. Thats why i want to borrow a SID from someone who knows its working and has updated with it successfully.

P

phi delt reefer

i never did an update with them...i bought the system new in august 2010. never got a around to setting it up until yesterday. spent hours trying everything suggested online as well as my own solutions. Wouldnt recommend the Reefkeeper to anyone - grab a neptune system if you can - the number of issuses i see online with this POS is unbelievable... worse than microsoft...

M

marks69

i have one it you want to bring yours over and we can play with it.  i had mine upgraded the first time by fadelle marine, after that i was able to do it myself.  i have both versions of the sid so it should update for you.  i'm off on friday if it will help.
mark

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Coming from a new Apex Jr-owner, I have been pretty happy with the support I have received from Neptune Systems.

Can you contact Digital Aquatics directly? Maybe they can help you out? I am sure things will work out.

P

phi delt reefer

yeah they will send me a new SID which SHOULD solve the issue but before i blow 20-30 bucks on postage I want to try a new SID...if someone has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.