smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marks69

well i couldn't wait for spring so i fired up the smoker today.  ribs, pork shoulder, and a peamale for dinner tonight.  the ribs and pulled pork are for tomorrow.  then i don't need to miss any of the game, and we can eat as much as we can.lol
does anyone have any recomendations for a butcher in london?  we went to one for 20 years and they closed and we haven't been able to find them again.
will post pics in a bit.lol
here's a pic of the last set of ribs i did

S

shayneh

Oh man I'm dying......wonder if the wife would care if I bought the Bradley smoker on the credit card....... RIP big chief!

M

marks69

i'm just using the green barrel type but it's got 2 shelves and the liquid container.  i would like to get one from the guy in thamsford.  i drove by his every day all last year and was good.lol
could just see the wife if i pulled in with a trailer smoker.lol

M

marks69

well still cooking.lol
ribs have been done for hours, and the pork is up to 150 so a few more hours yet.
i just pulled it out of the smoker and into the oven, my coals were to low to keep going out there.
then in the morning i'll mix it up with my sauce and let it simmer for a bit( after i eat some).
the bark is amazing.  the run i'm using is from the wicked gourmet, and all of his sauces and such are great.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
What temp do you aim for with pulled pork?

I have had success aiming for at least 190.

We just did a shoulder last weekend, but because it was so cold, I only got it to 145ish after about 8 hours on my WSM.

I ended up wrapping it in foil and putting it in the oven until it hit 190, then let it sit for another 3 hours.

The bone wasn't even attached and it literally fell apart!

The goal was to have it for the Superbowl weekend, but it didn't last ::)

Enjoy your smoke, and let us know how it turns out.

M

marks69

usually 190.  last nights got up to 150 outside and into the oven.  around 1:30 or so i got to pull it, and it crumbled apart.
i hate when things don't last till their meant too.lol  we have that problem around here(says the guy eating pulled pork at 4 in the morning.

M

marks69

i use lump charcoal with wood chips.  these are from whiskey barrels and really smells like it.  i got the box from hd i think

Status
Not open for further replies.