Some Bird Photos

jroovers

Super Active Member
Great shots Jerry! Like the Thrasher! Jealous... haven't had much of a chance to get out and I've missed most of the migration. How the hell are you getting so close to the yellow warblers, even at 400 not easy to get anywhere near them.

One thing you may want to consider with a feeder setup is a blind. Only way to get really close IME, even at 400.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
@unibob did you get that hummingbird feeder?, get some nice close ups of them, that's my favourite bird and I suck with a camera,lol

Not yet, however my mother in law has one and the hummingbirds flock to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Great shots Jerry! Like the Thrasher! Jealous... haven't had much of a chance to get out and I've missed most of the migration. How the hell are you getting so close to the yellow warblers, even at 400 not easy to get anywhere near them.

One thing you may want to consider with a feeder setup is a blind. Only way to get really close IME, even at 400.

91ed15b01486edd2aecaf7d4c1859c50.jpg

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Absolutely amazing pics... look forward to seeing more... looks like pics out of national geographic!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Absolutely amazing pics... look forward to seeing more... looks like pics out of national geographic!

Haha thanks. Still a long way from national geographic photos.

After looking at @jroovers Flickr page, I am definitely missing the mark for clarity. I'm not sure how he gets them so crisp, he must be a bird whisperer.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sigma 120-400.

I'm going to upgrading camera body and telephoto lens soon :)