Some Kind Of Worm???

G

Gietz

So Last night as I was checking out to see if anything was nipping on my Open Brain, I seen what i thought was a Huge Bristle Worm. I tried to grab it an man did this thing ever fly, it ran so fast I jumped LOL

It looks like a millipede with little legs, it was yellowish/green and long...... I tried to snap a picture but no luck.

If it helps Ive noticed my Bristle worm population going down and it also seemed to be nipping at the bristle worms when i watched it..

It has the body of a Eunice Worm but not he face (face seemed more round)

I have no clue where it came from (no new corals in about 5 months)

If you pros could help with possibly what it is and how to get ride of it.  Id appreciate it

thanks

G

Gietz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rkVv9e5-M

this looks about 98% like it......

jroovers

Super Active Member
I know Darryl had one of those Eunid worms or whatever in his tank... it was eating coral and he caught it, thing looked like something out of a horror movie.  You need to somehow catch it and get rid of it.  And post pics when you do.

chief hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sczu8Q0YpLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hopefully not one of these.  Bobbitt worm.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
chief hill link said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sczu8Q0YpLQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hopefully not one of these.  Bobbitt worm.

damn!!!  looked like my ex mother-in-law,sure hope you dont have one (bobbit worm that is)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
chief hill link said:
The problem is the video kinda looks like it. Just can't tell because you can't see the face.

That thing in your video is long, wow ... I would of cut it in half right there while it was coming out like that. Hope ya get it gone, looks pretty nasty.

mark0933

I had one of those worms, they are horders which take frags back to their hole - mine measured 32" long and about the size of a man's finger around.  Only way to get them out is to find the rock it calls home (it will tend to have a home rock) and pull it out and pour selzer water into its hole (gave the rock in a tub so when you see the worm out, yank the rock quickly.

I hate critters like this, give me the heebee geebee's

Mark

G

Gietz

Yeah I spend 2 hours last night looking all over my tank with a flashlight and nothing....

Next time i see it I'm going in with scissors not tweezers and then beat it till its dead :dead:

Seggsy

You might just propogate it with scissors!
Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.  I love weird stories like this, when it's not in my tank.

:popcorn:

waldo

I had one of these Eunicid worms once approx:23" long.
I used a piece 1" clear tubing about 30" long to catch it.
Put mesh over one end tied on with an elastic.
Placed food in it and let it flow down to the mesh.
Placed open end of the tubing by its rock where it came out to feed.
( This one also loved snails)
When it entered to eat and was about 3/4 of the way in I jabbed the end of it and in it went.
Be carefull when I was lifting it out it released a re-dish die  :poop:? Maybe a defence mechanism? The die didn't harm anything that I could tell.
Then you may do with it as you please  :eek:

G

Gietz

hmmmmm the problem is I cant find the hide out... only seen it once :( but ill take your idea for sure!!! 

to start im going to use a PVC pipe and cap both ends. drill holes and add bait.. maybe ill get it!!!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Might want to only cap one end.. And pvc us really hard to see thru  ;)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I would just cut it into a million pieces, sounds like way to much work with the pipe and trying to get it. Just kill it lol

G

Gietz

Id just take the PVC pip out every day!!!!worst case i thin out my Massive Bristle worm population...

Wish me luck on finding it tonight.....  Maybe ill convince the GF to watch it with me  :popcorn2:  ...... then again if she found out what it will turn into I have a feeling she might have a good argument for me to get ride of the tank lol.... Still wont happen tho  ;D

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Gietz link said:
Id just take the PVC pip out every day!!!!worst case i thin out my Massive Bristle worm population...

Wish me luck on finding it tonight.....  Maybe ill convince the GF to watch it with me  :popcorn2:  ...... then again if she found out what it will turn into I have a feeling she might have a good argument for me to get ride of the tank lol.... Still wont happen tho  ;D

Lmfao, good luck bro

chief hill

Gietz link said:

just ask the GF to wiggle her little finger over the hole.
When it snaps shut on her finger you can pull it out. Lol.