Sps Id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I got a couple a couple weeks back and a couple of the just took off while others didn't fair to well. This one almost has recordable growth weekly. Was wondering what it's called. It's a deep purple colour.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
hmmm.....maybe a tort but that wouldnt be my first guess.  To me the coralites dont stick out and are'nt bulb like, similar to a tort....if that makes sense to anyone but me.  Although I think its too small to tell for sure. 

Cant you just ask to see a picture or the real life mother colony from where ever you got it?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Here is a picture of what I consider to be A.Austera ....looks similar

P8125870.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Sps Id

Ya Darryl that looks very similar.
I got it from Jerry, I don't think he had the mother colony but oh well :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sps Id

Brandon link said:
Ya Darryl that looks very similar.
I got it from Jerry, I don't think he had the mother colony but oh well :)

I do :). Will post photo tonight.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Sps Id

Yea that's it!
This stuff grows realllly fast...
I have a couple other frags that are doing well as well so ill post some pics if them in the future, thanks alot guys!

jroovers

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
hmmm.....maybe a tort but that wouldnt be my first guess.  To me the coralites dont stick out and are'nt bulb like, similar to a tort....if that makes sense to anyone but me.  Although I think its too small to tell for sure. 

Cant you just ask to see a picture or the real life mother colony from where ever you got it?

I stand corrected!  This Darryl guy acts like his SPS system is the TOTM on RC or something...  :p

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Nice piece Jerry.....

Ya I would definitely say its not a a.Tortusa but probably a.austera.  A lot of people get the two confused though as they can look pretty similar.  There are lots of stag type corals that are very hard to id.

Status
Not open for further replies.