SPS search thread/wishlist

benzzz

Yeah I read a few people saying that, that's why I was asking for a good size frag lol.. good luck finding a colony I think.

Thanks for the help

benzzz

Update my looking for list for frag fest today. Wanna see how many I may find.

ORA Pearlberry

Purple monster

RR Wolverine

Green Slimer

Bellina acro

Red planet

<s>Sunset monti

Grinch Monti

Tyree undata

Jedi Mind Trick

Pink Lemonade

Tri color Acro

Red Montipora Setosa

Green Slimer

benzzz

EricTMah link said:
Nice list. Looks like we have similar taste in sps

Especially like the RR wolverine! I'd love a piece of that as well!

Love that coral as well..  I have been drooling over my Valida since I got it too.

I am sure we wont be the only ones drooling today either lol.

Cheers,  Lloyd

benzzz

no I didn't, I met up with a buddy fro GTA aqauria and he has a colony and said to drop by for a generous frag. Also has all the rest on my list for now except for Orange sherbert Setosa

Might have a hard time finding this one......

Can I see a pic of your score?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I google orange sherbet setosa and came up with Jason Fox's setosa.  To me it looks the same as any of the Setosa you find around here.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
I google orange sherbet setosa and came up with Jason Fox's setosa.  To me it looks the same as any of the Setosa you find around here.

Yea I have to agree.....
Funny you mention this because the frags of Montipora setosa I brought to the show were a hit (and they should be because they really glow!) but I was telling people that I've only ever seen setosa is this colour.....never in any other, not even different coloured polyps..... Different shades or contrasts of the Montipora setosa likely occur from the lighting and water conditions it's being grown under. I originally got my monti setosa from you, Darryl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benzzz

Darryl_V link said:

So you think it is the same as your from MJC?  If thats yours?  Thanks for the info Darryl.

http://cornbredcorals.myshopify.com/products/cornbred-s-orange-sherbert-setosa-branching-monti

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
my setosa, which came from parksy who got it from darryl, goes almost dark red in really low light, and neon pink if you blast it, orange is somewhere in between. im with the guys above. all setosas ive ever seen are the same and the differences in look come from lighting or water conditions/

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Duke link said:
my setosa, which came from parksy who got it from darryl, goes almost dark red in really low light, and neon pink if you blast it, orange is somewhere in between. im with the guys above. all setosas ive ever seen are the same and the differences in look come from lighting or water conditions/

Mine is like that as well, glows pink usually.  Got it from MJC last year so I'm not sure of its lineage, but it looks good and grows great.  It has more than tripled in size in under a year (I can say that accurately became I now have three frags of it in different places that are all larger than the original I aquired).

benzzz

Thanks Phil. I should have grabbed one from MJC at the swap.

I live very close to them so I will have to stop by there and snag 1.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Cornbred and JasonFox are know for rebranding corals and taking some pictures that really pop.  Especially cornbred his pictures are either enhanced or taken under actinics.

Like others have backed me up on.  Its all the same setosa. 

benzzz

Darryl_V link said:
Cornbred and JasonFox are know for rebranding corals and taking some pictures that really pop.  Especially cornbred his pictures are either enhanced or taken under actinics.

Thanks, I trust your input and Knowledge.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:

Wasn't Cornbred the one who lifted pics from your TOTM thread?