SPS Skin is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flazky

Website Affiliate
Website
krakensreef.com
Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is a major issue but I thought i'd ask for your oppinion.

There seems to be some tissue loss in the lighter regions and I am not sure what it is. Hopefully it isnt anything to worry about.

dsc0298cs.jpg

spyd

Super Active Member
Just keep an eye on it. It looks like something is nipping at it. Can also be caused by too much direct flow hitting it but I don't think that's the case. Just keep a close eye on it to ensure it is not RTN or STN. You will know if it keeps getting worse and in the same area.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I would take a really close look for red bugs and acropora eating flat worms. Neither of these pests are easy to spot. You will never ever see the flatworms until you dip and they fall off and for red bugs I would look at that coral after lights out with a flashlight and a magnifying glass.

I just went through this process with flatworms, they are in the area, unfortunately the chances of the persons actually telling you is slim to none.

Also if it gets worse in the same spot it could be more then RTN it could be pests attacking the same area.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
This is why I asked the questions I did.....the sps coral appears to be smoothed skinned and this is usually the pieces that red bugs seem to attack.....the pics do show signs of what looks like red bugs affecting the tissue. I have had red bugs in the past but never aefw. Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I don't really think its something to joke about, people put a lot of hard work, time and money into our tanks and actually really do care for the well being of the species we keep.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Reef Hero link said:
This is why I asked the questions I did.....the sps coral appears to be smoothed skinned and this is usually the pieces that red bugs seem to attack.....the pics do show signs of what looks like red bugs affecting the tissue. I have had red bugs in the past but never aefw. Keep us updated!

+1

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Did you look with a flashlight when your tank is in total darkness at night?
I can see white specs.......what are those? What par is the coral under? And again what species?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I would pull that coral and dip it . You will not see aefw with your naked eye or a camera there transparent. Those new pics you posted look like my stag did when it's was being eating by flatworms. Pull and dip, pull and dip 

Flazky

Website Affiliate
Website
krakensreef.com
I dipped the coral in prazi pro for 20 minutes and revive in 5 minutes since it was a wild. I dipped this guy with 2 others and they are doing fine. The tissue loss seems to have stopped today. Hopefully it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.