Kyle Russell

Hello I have a 35g reef tank with a small sump, I have softies for corals and I have a few small blue leg hermits, few nassarius snails and an emerald crab. Looking to start stocking fish. I'm going to put a list of fish I like below (I know I can't have even close to all of them and add very slowly to not throw off the bioload)

2 clowns
Yellow watchman goby
Pistol shrimp
Neon blue goby
Longnose Hawkfish
Sixline wrasse
Cardinal fish
Some kind of cardinal fish
Lawnmower blenny

Feel free to leave lots of other suggestions and which you think I should get.

Also the order of which you think I should stock.

Anything is helpful.

Thanks,
Kyle.

Thion

Hey, I have a similar size mixed reef tank and I have a nice pair of clowns and a 6 line. The clowns are the main show piece as far as fish go and the 6 line makes for a nice pop of colour when it darts around.

I had a yellow watchman goby for a while. It made a good addition as it was a bottom dweller so there was always something to look at while you were checking out all of the levels of the tank. Only reason I took it out was because it was too small for my overflow and liked to hang out in my filter sock haha.

I added my clowns first, then the wrasse and the goby after that. I didn't have any aggression issues with any of them.

I love the combo I have and it works well for my tank. Honestly, if you like a paticular fish/fish combo, do the research on if they are compatible, see what their care requirements are and if you have the means to keep them responsibly, go for it!

Keep in mind every fish has its own personality. My 3 fish are peaceful and work well together. That doesn't mean all clown/wrasses will get along. There might be some trial and error, but that's all part of this awesome hobby.

Hope this helps and gives you some perspective on your decision. Keep us posted on your stock choices. Good luck and happy reefing! :)