Strontium Supplements For Torch Coral?

Janice

Hello: I got a new torch coral yesterday. I have been reading online and its says that they benefit from strontium supplements. Does anyone give their torch coral strontium supplements and is this really necessary? Thanks, Janice

Janice

just bought Red Sea Reef Foundation A calcium supplement and I see it also contains strontium, so my question is answered.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Don't get wrapped up in all the different and "magical" additives.

Keep the big 5 in line and keep up on your regular WC's and you'll be just fine.

I've witnessed too many hobbyists collect a huge amount of additives that they didn't need. Complete waste of money in most cases.

Sometimes the K.I.S.S. Method is best.

Need hobbyists are always drawn to these magic or "must have" additives and it only confuses things and complicates it.

Sony Xperia Z3

Dingets

Don't get wrapped up in all the different and "magical" additives.

Keep the big 5 in line and keep up on your regular WC's and you'll be just fine.

I've witnessed too many hobbyists collect a huge amount of additives that they didn't need. Complete waste of money in most cases.

Sometimes the K.I.S.S. Method is best.

Need hobbyists are always drawn to these magic or "must have" additives and it only confuses things and complicates it.

Sony Xperia Z3

I was one of these... very tempting, even to this day. Turns out all of my stuff grows just fine without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
Years ago when the salt mix sucked you could run into deficiencies in your tank. But now with better salt mixes that come with pretty much everything you need it is not likely. If you do regular water changes all these nutrients are topped up. I only dose for kalk and alk and have never had an issue.