sulphur denitrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cal_stir

Yes, everything is the same including the mag 3 pump which did quiet down a bit, so I think I will keep it til it dies or gets noisier again

C

Cal_stir

update

about 3 weeks ago i cleaned the aqualifter pump on my denitrator as the drip rate had slowed slightly, at that time i decided to change the ORP controller to -200mv instead of -175mv, my nitrates just tested at 1ppm or less (salifert), unfortunately i don't know if it was the drip rate or the redox or both that dropped the no3 but it is a good result.
all corals and fish are doing extremely well and i couldn't be happier with my denitrator.

P

phi delt reefer

are you running pellets as well or just the denitrator?

will be taking it offline or will it run continuously for the life of the tank?

C

Cal_stir

just the denitrator, i plan to run it continuously for life, i also run gfo for po4 as the denitrator doesn't remove po4
i have a heavy bio-load and my wife loves to feed me and the tank,lol

P

phi delt reefer

there is a guy on nano-reef running his unit off of a ph controller (vs ORP). Have you heard of this method? would you say your method would yield better results or would his?

PS we have yet to see pics of your tank since this reactor has been running!

C

Cal_stir

phi delt reefer link said:
there is a guy on nano-reef running his unit off of a ph controller (vs ORP). Have you heard of this method? would you say your method would yield better results or would his?
PS we have yet to see pics of your tank since this reactor has been running!
I have heard of this,if you can maintain the reactor at @ -200mv the result will be the same, there is a table that gives a relationship of orp to ph, however, i believe there are too many things that can effect ph other than oxygen content so i would be a bit nervous using it.
if you have a reefkeeper with a SL1, you should be able to use it, DA said they updated the module to allow the orp to control in the negative for use with denitrators, but i have not been able to confirm this, you would just need an orp probe

will post some pics  later today

C

Cal_stir

Neopimp link said:
Seen it in person:) Hoping my new tank will turn out that way :)
the fact that you are doing the research and not just jumping in,tells me that you are going to do just fine 8)

P

phi delt reefer

thats awesome Cal. for someone who takes such good pics and has such a nice tank you dont post enough display pics  ;D

C

Cal_stir

thanks

i thought that was what the photo of the month was for, i'm not sure what happened, maybe Pat got too busy

C

Cal_stir

thanks, me and the wife work pretty hard at it, and we both think it's worth it, we both love this hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.