sump lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazybizzle

no do a reverse schedule, when ur main tank lights are on ur sump light off -------main tank lights off sump lights on

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What does everyone use for a sump light under there stands? Also how much light is needed to grow something like cheato.

spyd

Super Active Member
You don't need much to grow chaeto at all. A 6500k CFL or LED bulb on a standard light fixture is plenty. I grow mine with a small JBJ LED refugium light and it grows no problem with that and it's connected to the side wall of my sump w/ the light having to penetrate through the glass.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Tis an older topic,but i see the hijack question,i agree with CB on the alt light schedule to keep on topic

LoL

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
not a hijack, an add on  ::) its just another question about sump lighting. did a search for sump lighting and this is what I got.

So i added on :) I have read that the switched ligthing is to emilinate PH fluctuation?

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i use one of them 39 dollar marineland led on my sump and have it switched to just blue  24/7 and i switch to all leds when i cleaning skimmer and working in sump

Status
Not open for further replies.