Tank blew a leak

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
This am i woke up to discover a pin hole leak in my 150g display in a side seam,
while im watching it trying to figure out what to do i see a 2nd and a 3rd pin hole develop
so i panic, naturally....

drain all the water up to that leak and take all the coral and rock out up the that leak- (which is about half way down)..

what i need now is to find a new tank ASAP.
ALL  I NEED IS A TANK- 135-150 gallons, if you have a 48x24x30 drilled thats perfect, if not, ill take anything drilled with a stand, I have all the equipment (obviously) perfeerably 4 ft, but im not all the picky right now :(

help....

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Oh man! My worst nightmare... I don't have anything large that is ready to go but if you need  a holding tank for your livestock until you get a tank you could borrow my 220gal acrylic sump.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
that sucks, good think you caught it before it blew.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
AdInfinitum link said:
Oh man! My worst nightmare... I don't have anything large that is ready to go but if you need  a holding tank for your livestock until you get a tank you could borrow my 220gal acrylic sump.

im really hoping i can find one by tmrw, either 120g, (so it fits on my stand, or another 150g with the same dimensions, i see a couple on kijiji that are drillled)

Duke link said:
that sucks, good think you caught it before it blew.

yea that is the small plus side to it, i think i only lost 2 gallons before i noticed it (judging by the ATO)

do you guys think that my corals would be ok for a day or so in totes as long as they have water movment and heat?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Pistol link said:
I think the corals will be fine in totes with heat, flow and an airstone

kk, i have 3 totes of mainly sps, my tank is still half full, because the leak was in the top half, ive got a heater ill keep switching back and forth between the totes and hopefully i can find a tank ASAP....l

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
davesolo29 link said:
Sure they will be.  You can even hang your lights over them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i cant find something soon i might just have to do that, heres to hoping.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Drkstr has one for sale on here.  No mention of dimensions or drilled tho.  I have diamond bits if u need to drill.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
davesolo29 link said:
Drkstr has one for sale on here.  No mention of dimensions or drilled tho.  I have diamond bits if u need to drill.

really hoping to find a 48'' long tank, either a 120g or a 150g.
theres a 150g in barrie with the exact dimensions and drilled the same way too, just waiting for the guy to reply

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
u7ypyjud.jpg

tadymygy.jpg

y3ygeduz.jpg