Tank Changed!

reef keeper

Super Active Member
it seems almost overnight my tank has undergone a transformation. I added a 3rd G2 radion last night and with my group and carbon going the algae on the back glass has receeded immensely.

Coralline algae has shown up in new spots on the glass and I'm getting some pretty insane polyp extension.

My levels haven't changed Ca wise over the last couple days. I'm going to check phosphates tomorrow.

I guess I have added a lot of power to the tank by taking off the wide angle lenses and adding back the TIR 80 degree ones.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I think that radion is going to make this tank really pop.

Where would you place 3 monti caps in there lol
anywhere it wont block the light on anything under it.... id say about 1/3rd the way up one on the left one in the middle and one on the righ lol will spread the colour nicely

saltyair

Very cool - how old is this setup? I have found that after 6 - 8 months things just seem to come together. Than at 1 year things really start looking good and stable. That has been my experience.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Its been up since January 2014. I've had to tear it down a couple times which set it back lol. I've noticed that as the parameters Stabilize everything really stars to move in a good direction. I'm saving my pennies for the lifereef skimmer because my RO 150 is too small and now im getting micro bubbles in the tank. Grrrr. Looking forward to getting an apex and dosing pumps. I want it to be as easy and stable as possible