Tattoo places in london

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Hey, wondering if you guys know of a 'good' local place?  I used to go to blue dragon, but they're gone.  I'm thinking of Hangar 18 (just love the name) on Richmond but wondering if you guys -happen- to know a kickass artist.  The piece is just a simple logo, but it HAS to be print perfect, I'm not looking for a prison tat. :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
Go talk to Shawn at Tru Love on Wharncliffe or talk to Dane at Golden Axe.

Golden axe is supposedly located at my old office...120 York street.  Does he do tattoos out in the parking lot? :)

Tru love is in the old, what was it, the old computer place?  I might try them... the guy at Hangar 18 is german, those pesky Germans are usually really good about perfection.

P

phi delt reefer

I've seen the work done at tru love by the owner. Its really good but not award winning. A buddy of mine has like 4 big tattoos from him and they are great but the detail work isn't there IMO. My wife is in the process of getting a half sleeve cover up done by that place above the barbers on dundas (downtown London) and his work is on a whole other level. The line work has only been done so far but it looks like he did it with a computer (ie not humanly possible). Not a single needle point is out of place.  He takes a long time so it costs a lot but man its good. I'll get you his name if ur inyerested

I

IrishPride

I've gotten most of my work done at Hardcore on Richmond.  Check out their facebook page and look at their work.

Dion and Barbie are both pretty good.  Depends on what you are going to get though.... 

Sent from my kickass Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Most of my friends that have art of them recommend true love. Can't comment on artists, but I know it is known as a clean place.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
Lol not sure about that. I know he did a full sleeve for one of our customers.  Also Shawn used to be a saltwater guy.

ended up taking to Ryan at Tru Love.  Looked like a drunken irish viking so it was good.  Go back in Tues for a final approval of the design.  Not a bad place, but man, they tattoo you in a booth by the door.  I was leaning there waiting for the guy to say something until I realized some other guy was scribbling on his back lol. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Ryan couldn't do what I had drawn, so he passed me off to Anthony...who turns out to be the guy that did my previous 2 tattoos years ago.  So that was definitely a good omen.  Ryan was straight up honest about it though, which was cool.  I originally had wanted just a logo, but over the weekend I changed it into a knight with a bruins logo, so a complete change.  Glad the guy admitted it was out of his league, top marks for that. 

Of course Anthony is booked until May(!).  Guess best to go with someone who is in demand I guess.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Not in London, but as far as being pre-booked word out is that Endless Boundaries in Ingersoll is booked out a year ahead. Fabulous artists !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
sunnykita link said:
Not in London, but as far as being pre-booked word out is that Endless Boundaries in Ingersoll is booked out a year ahead. Fabulous artists !

To me....that's a sign you need to hire more artists. :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Not that anyone has a reason to be interested, but here is the design I gave him... it remains to be seen how well he can pull it off. 

Status
Not open for further replies.