Tattoo places in london

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So does this "warrior" play ringette? Make sure he gets it right ::)

The tattoo dude is probably reluctant because it may look like a brown smear in about 5-6 years.. Just say'in  :eek:

All good tho!
;D

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I'm not sure how many they have working there now, I think at least half a dozen, they're all great. Lots of talent for sure

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=sunnykita link=topic=4379.msg41507#msg41507 date=1361343294]
Not in London, but as far as being pre-booked word out is that Endless Boundaries in Ingersoll is booked out a year ahead. Fabulous artists !

To me....that's a sign you need to hire more artists. :)
[/quote]

P

phi delt reefer

before you click on the image to make it bigger, it looks like Yoda holding a stick. :p

As for Teebone's comment I agree. I would have the artist change up the color scheme - its too monotone to stay looking good for a long time. There needs to be better contrast between the different colors.

I would go with black and white and let the shading provide the detail.

oh yeah... Boston sucks monkey balls... like big hairy gorilla balls...not those little spider monkey balls .

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
teebone110 link said:
So does this \"warrior\" play ringette? Make sure he gets it right ::)

The tattoo dude is probably reluctant because it may look like a brown smear in about 5-6 years.. Just say'in  :eek:

All good tho!
;D

The one guy was reluctant because he couldn't do it.  He passed me onto anthony.  He did my others, and they had a lot of shading and still look okay.  The inks are 1000x better than they were in the 70's and 80s, they don't turn green and fade as easily, although truth be told I have gone in for a touchup or two (touchups are free).  Other biggest issue: UV.  Except for the fistank I tend to stay out of the sun, damn thing will burn my testicles through a lead vest.

I'll let him run with making it look right, this is just my mockup.  He suggested having the stick going at an angle.  Who knows I may leave the stick out.  I based it on this piece:
eab61e8e877760435ce7d7ae5c71cd5a.jpg

Look at the detail that can be done. 
Here is my original that I handed him.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I should clarify...that's not my tattoo, but that's what the new inks and pens -can- do when you get someone skillful enough, and it doesn't really bleed and fade like it used too.  That was the tattoo that changed mine from a logo to an art piece.

I take a photo of my tattoos when I get them, and use that for any touchups.  The only colours that don't really stay too good are white and yellow.  Everything else (red blue black) stays 10+ years.  Again, keeping them lathered in sunscreen is a big necessity for longevity. 

The secret is to get the artist excited about doing it.  This guy didn't want anything to do with a bruins logo, but when he saw this his eyes lit up, I was watching for that reaction. They all want killer stuff in their example books, and if he does this one right it would be a selling item for him (that's how I'll spin it anyway).

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I love it! I have wanted a tattoo for ages. Nothing as wild, I do appreciate the artwork on the human canvas. Mine will be something simple, but I'd like a montage of some of my 4 legged angels. Not so simple when it has to be right from the get go. My sticking point has been where? I want to see it, don't want it hidden, and then to choose the photos and artist to work with/from. Well, I've now got a nasty looking scar on my right forearm from a dog bite that might just be the perfect spot to start LOL

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
sunnykita link said:
I love it! I have wanted a tattoo for ages. Nothing as wild, I do appreciate the artwork on the human canvas. Mine will be something simple, but I'd like a montage of some of my 4 legged angels. Not so simple when it has to be right from the get go. My sticking point has been where? I want to see it, don't want it hidden, and then to choose the photos and artist to work with/from. Well, I've now got a nasty looking scar on my right forearm from a dog bite that might just be the perfect spot to start LOL

There's two general rules with tattoos: They should be easily hidden (nothing says 'I'm unemployable' like a good ole neck tattoo), and they're addictive (it's hard to stop at one).

Oh...wait there's two more: Tramp stamps are trashy and tribal tattoos were a fad.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Well, you're right on all counts, and I'm getting closer and closer to being unemployable hitting that upper age bracket. In the very near future I will be looking at second career training. I'm considering starting my own business in the pet service world, I'm in the process of working out the mechanics of it now. Major re-structuring in the plant I'm in putting many of us out the door.  I'll have to check out the tattoo place you've decided on. The scar is on my inner forearm, with one canine mark on the upper, it's the area I had been considering all along, the bite only helped it along LOL - it was one of those oh shit that was stupid moments, 4 hours in emerg, and the dog in question gone to a rehabilitator. From all accounts he's doing well, not a bad dog as much as bad situation and stupid owners and stupid me!

C

copperkills

Jumping on this thread late...but the best tattooist in town are the Austin brothers....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
copperkills link said:
Jumping on this thread late...but the best tattooist in town are the Austin brothers....

Yeah they were mentioned to me, but they are booked more than a year in advance, and I just don't have that kind of patience :)

Could you plant some white powder on them, and maybe get some leverage I could use?  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.