Tft 10 Year Anniversary!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Not sure if I missed it, however I was just going back through a few threads and I came to realize that I had been a registered with TFT for 10 Years, just shortly after this site had became established. I recall 10 years ago, many of us stepped up our game to meet along the 401 excited to pick up or gems through the regularly planned Frag-runs :)

A special thank-you to all the mods and members for all your work in making the reef keeping vibe alive not only in SWO, but across Ontario. I know that a lot of members have come and gone but many friendships have been made due to TFT. It has been because of this site that frag swaps began and are now hosted in other areas as we have all collectively advanced so much in this great hobby.

Keep up the excellent work with a special shout out to TORX, Neopimp, Salty Cracker, and an honourable mention to Rick L who I believe is no longer active here anymore.

Cheers!

Teebone110
Tyler

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Time really flies is all I can say. I really thought Rick would have been back by now, with an 800 gal tank or something crazy.

Fraggin is still alive and well, and I like to think we're keeping more coral in the ocean by growing ourselves and sharing. It's a win win.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This has been an awesome journey for sure. I appreciate all the support we have received over the years. Rick was one of the OG's in Ontario for sure. He would run up to a known coral importer and bring back colonies that he would frag. His next trip he would meet people from Windsor to the GTA and just about everywhere in between, sometimes taking 1-2 days on the road to bring us corals that we never would have seen other wise. The hobby has definitely exploded thanks to what he did. It brought awareness and a community together.

I appreciate the kind words @teebone110. Devoted members like you are the reason this site is still here. Also thank you to those who donate to the site. Those donations have kept the site running for many years and made it so that we do not depend on sponsors.