The beginning of my new 55!

Haven't posted in a while, but here is the 55 gallon updated shots

Having a huge aiptasia problem right now! Ugh

Looking for ideas on what else to add to make it more like a " Reef " thinking I would like a big anemone 

abydagej.jpg

epu9y2a5.jpg

Some corals,

zymyvaba.jpg

Love my Duncan's, would like more!
yhazu3e7.jpg

zu7u4y6u.jpg

y3a4udat.jpg

avu3e4a9.jpg

No idea what these are?
6uza6yhe.jpg

Anyways I'll keep updating as I go! Enjoy

spyd

Super Active Member
Looks good! I have a very nice piece of bright green Whisker corals if you are interested. 20 plus heads on it. Opens up nice and big just like your Duncans.

spyd link said:
Looks good! I have a very nice piece of bright green Whisker corals if you are interested. 20 plus heads on it. Opens up nice and big just like your Duncans.

Thanks Spyd, what do those look like? :)

spyd

Super Active Member
Sorry, photobucket is down right now for maintenance. They are Duncans except bright green. I will attach a pic as soon as it is available again.

I moved it to take a pic of it so the heads arent all the way extended in the pic but it opens up just like your Duncans.

FishTank17_zps08b9f1dd.jpg

Jewel

Looks good, But one thing I might add, Sometimes having a lot of boulder type rocks inhibits us from having a great scape and I've bin there too. What I've found to be helpful is to put the majority of the rock in the sump and keep the more attractive useful pieces in the display, this will enable you to have more room on your sand for Clams and Brains and what ever you wish to keep and also allow you to incorporate caves and arches, 55 are great but they aren't very deep front to back, keeping your rocks off the back glass will enable your tank to circulate better and easier maintenance prevails.

After much thinking and messing with the tank, looks like I may keep it and continue to work on it.... Work shouldn't keep me from what I enjoy

Thanks for the tips Jewel.... I think I'll work on moving things around , but first I have to kill off the Aiptasia I've found ( Any pointers? ) because the Aiptasia X stuff doesn't work....

I may look for some more GSP, Xenias, Duncan's and other corals that spread well

Would also like to add in a large leather, mine are still small

Would adding an anemone sting all the coral and future corals i may add in? 

Jewel

Ya they are known for that, Just because you can't devote as much time as you want to your tank, really isn't a reason to get rid of it, Most times it's good to just leave it alone, Don't expect miracles from it, Do your water changes and enjoy it. It'll mature in time and you'll buy more Corals, Come to the Frag Fest and keep involved.
I've always felt better when I'm part of a community like TFT. Good Luck and enjoy.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
My fire goby was in my tank for one day.    Then gone... Not idea where he went.:( I liked him

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Neopimp link said:
My fire goby was in my tank for one day.    Then gone... Not idea where he went.:( I liked him

I'm currently looking for a clown goby, and firefish in my tank...no idea where they went.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Neopimp link said:

i have an american fire goby.. he hides a bit because my wrasses all want to kill him but hes quick so they can never catch him. he stays out for most of the day, cool little fish maybe buy one in the states.

nexusnight

Nems are cool I had one that once it found its home never moved. Even when I took it to Sealife on its rock it still didn't move lol. Now Ian has it in his tank and as far as I know it's still on the same rock. They just need a good hole to get there foot all the way into IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My other fire goby has an awesome hide spot/home, is always out during the day...

Had a boxer crab but I've never seen him, I am guessing my watchman goby & pistol shrimp may have killed him

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good recipe to kill off this Aiptasia ?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
aptisia X works good,
boiling water
lemon juice
for these, use a syringe and needle and inject the mouth ( pretend your feeding it, it usually will latch onto the needle tip)

depending on how many you have and were their located, pull the rock out and use a blow torch and burn them off
peppermint shrimp are a hit an miss
filefish seem to be very effective
copperbands are a hit and miss and difficult to keep alive.

The beginning of my new 55!

Thanks Poseidon,

Looks like I am blow torching some rock this weekend...

Tried the aiptasia  RX stuff and it didn't do anything but turn them white? I injected with a needle and everything

a4e7yga8.jpg