The Cove

dale

ime they prefer to pick at the rocks and do best in larger, very well established tanks.. he may go for clams... mysis shrimp will do better than the brine.. possibly bloodworms. if you had lots of critters in your sand, you could stir it up a bit , but i doubt that is happening yet.. in that tank , you need him to eat prepared food right away.. GL.. hopeing you both do well. give a little bit of flake a try too.. but for long term.. mysis and a mix of other stuff.

shiver905

He was eating big als brine shrimp in QT.
It is possible that the powder blue is inducing some stress and the flow in my main tank is much higher than the QT.

I did notice he is out and exploring when lights are out but during daylight he sits in a corner.
I’ll try to feed when lights out tonight.

Tried
Hikari Brine -
Hikari mysis
Big als mysis
Hikari Blood worm
Random Pellets

All with no luck

To try:
Feed at night
Clam half shells
Big als brine

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I Can't stand this lid. Any idea on modifying it or an acrylic shop to make/modify me another one.
It would be nice to have it 3/4 of it fully covered. I'm fighting with alot of evap leaving my windows with condensation.
At least 3 pieces for easy removal.
As for the lid, solid is a no no. The mesh is your best bet. Modifying that lid would be tricky for sure. As for condensation on the windows, you may want to look at a good dehumidifier. It is a challenge for many people.

dale

live copepods if you can get em.. and try some flake.. other than that , you are doin all the stuff... try to find a rock locally with aptaisia?..

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Whenever feeding frozen I recommend lrs frozen reef frenzy or fish frenzy one , and mysis in a cup mixed together with some garlic juice you buy from the local reef shop . You really can’t offer / do better than that for frozen food , but as mentioned above brine is short term solution. Good luck man !
(I think fish frenzy is the one I would try first, I think it’s more for the picky eaters)

Last edited:

shiver905

@Luke. I'll pick up some LRS Fish Frenzy or get it shipped via 1 days since its frozen. It's on my list to try.

@TORX
DeHumidifier running at night from 3am-8am, I'll have to think of a solution in the future about this humidity or just run it longer/ get a better one.

Anyone have any ideas why all my zoas and my nem closes in the afternoon for roughly 2h daily. SPS seem like they are unaffected. I'm thinking a minor daily bacterial bloom.

Flame Hawk & Orange sand shifting goby in QT.
Flame Hawk- Really like how much Personality they have-
Goby- 0 interest in how they look but it may help my sandbed.
Going 14 days in copper @ 2.5
General Cure/Prazi spaced 6 Days apart
hawk.jpg

goby.jpg

Last edited:

shiver905

Patiently waiting untill I can get some SPS.
Testers SPS doing well, Coloring up nicely.
Birdsnest colony is one that is struggling, flesh tearing off.

b5af.jpg

shiver905

The pain is real,

Update:

My Nitrates-Salifret and phosphates-Hanna ULR have Bottomed out-

Im not sure why this happened, I suspect

1) Algae maybe taking it all in and not showing on my testers
2) Too much Mechanical filtration - 2x 200 Micron filter socks and a Skimmer

I had to do a double take on my tests because the amount I was feeding to get the copperband eating.
Roughly 6 Cubes of different frozen foods on top of my usual daily amount.

I have also noticed a bumb in ALK - Up to 9.6 vs my regular 8.8ish
-Probably due to Kawkwasser - 3 teaspoons / 5G

No change with the Bacterial blooms daily for a few hours.

Last edited: