The Official "Whatcha Bringing" thread for the September Frag Swap and BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
BL/ROB is right.  .02-.03ppm is perfectly good for SPS.  If you do any reading in the reef chemistry forum .03 and less is usually recommended.  It's definately not crazy high. 

Remember that no test is really accurate enough for what we need.  The hanna for instance is +/- .04ppm.  Meaning even if you get .00ppm on the hanna it could still be .04ppm.

Seggsy

LAST MINUTE FREEBEE!!!!
I have a receding orange carnation (I think).  I don't do well with direct feed corals...

First to reply (someone will have to check for me) gets it.

C

crazybizzle

damn u torx lol i take any freebues....running a little late be there round 2

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Great big shout out to rick for putting on a flawless event. Went off without a hitch. Was great actually putting a face to the names... Looking forward to the next meet!

P

phi delt reefer

just wanted to big up Rick for setting up a wicked swap and the zoa frags. the spread was great and thanks for treating us like good buddies even though you probably just met most of us for the first time.

thank you Sealife for taking the time to hook the guys up with snails - they swarmed em like flies on shit!

KK and CB - thanks for the filter socks at a wicked price. We'll have to do business again shortly - strongly recommend you guys open up a Canadian website and start selling them - like i said you can ship for pretty cheap with a prepaid canada post envelope. tell me when ur in my neck of the woods and we'll spark one and kick back with some beers

lewis - thanks for the meteor shower frag - know u didnt wanna give it up but its looking awesome in my tank already. I'm sure will find something in my tank that i can repay you back with.

tyler - thanks for hooking up the rides and offering up future frags. much appreciated brother!

chuckm

Again, a big thank-you to Rick for hosting this event.  He went to alot of work to put that on.  Thanks to all who bought from me, i enjoyed meeting alot of new reefers and had many good conversations.  A great afternoon .  I also got a nice frag of the meteor shower, you're right phi delta -it is awesome.

THANK-YOU Rick!

Z

Zakk

I kind of cut out earlier than I wanted only because of the frags in the fresh water tank, I knew I had a long drive back and wanted to get them into proper salinity 'just in case'.  However, good time and great prices.  I didn't even know there were filter socks a-selling! :)  Maybe next time all the london folk can go together...

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up for the swap. I had a great time and defiantly plan on hosting another in the near future.

Thanks again to Gary and Linda @ Sealife Central that supplied the CUC!

Chuckm - Awesome frags!! I know all of our SPS guys went home very happy. 

PS. Sorry about the fresh water tank confusion. I hope no one lost frags due to this.

Let me know if anyone thought of some new or different ideas for the next swap.

Here are a few things I've thought of.... petty cash (change on hand), bigger and better display area for frags, add a display area for dry goods, labels. 

Status
Not open for further replies.