The Problem Today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Well its obviously not the only problem but I had this pop up on my computer yesterday and I took a second to look at it before I closed it. Something about it really disturbed me and brought my respect for man kind down a notch.

war.jpg

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
glad Im not the only one who thinks this is kinda sick.

I mean that looks fun for the little black kid till he takes a bullet to the head. And of course its a little black kid on the shoulders of a large white dude. Is that an African war child? Do you think this was drawn by a black person or white guy? Love the soft drink too.

The only thing that makes me feel a little better is this has gotta come from the 'Mercians.

AdamS

If you read the wikipedia page about 'kixeye' the games developer, it is easy to see the motivation for creating such games.

Interesting to note that these games are targeted at the 20-40yr old range, so not really fair to say its the kids growing up these days.

What I think this demonstrates is the fact that we as North Americans have lives that are vastly less difficult than any generation before us, ever. We (as a whole, not each individual) will never understand how bad life can be, and how easy we have it. Some people realize how aweful a concept child soldiers is based on their morals and intelligence alone while others would need to see it to understand, and thankfully most of those people will never have to see it.

What saddens me is that apparently 20 million people are the second type described above.

Take this as a lesson to teach your children how bad it can be, and how thankful we should be for what we have.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I hate to admit that it just looks fun to play.

I think the kid is supposed to be a zombie, so really, he's dead already. I'm not big on the whole zombie thing, I'm just pointing it out.

This is clearly fantasy, and equating fantasy as a reflection of reality is in itself something that would bother me more than, say, the picture itself. Frankestein is fantasy, cutting up dead bodies and reanimating them? That's messed up, but it's just make believe. Part of our culture. There's not a lot of people going out and trying to make dead bodies walk around. Most people can separate fact from fiction, but there will always be the group that grabs the pitchforks and comes running saying "I don't like this, so I don't think anyone else should like it either, so I want it gone!"

I guess I'm saying "lighten up fancis". :)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I hate to admit that it just looks fun to play.

I think the kid is supposed to be a zombie, so really, he's dead already. I'm not big on the whole zombie thing, I'm just pointing it out.

This is clearly fantasy, and equating fantasy as a reflection of reality is in itself something that would bother me more than, say, the picture itself. Frankestein is fantasy, cutting up dead bodies and reanimating them? That's messed up, but it's just make believe. Part of our culture. There's not a lot of people going out and trying to make dead bodies walk around. Most people can separate fact from fiction, but there will always be the group that grabs the pitchforks and comes running saying "I don't like this, so I don't think anyone else should like it either, so I want it gone!"

I guess I'm saying "lighten up fancis". :)

People used to paint their face black and act like a stupid n*gger too. That was cool, just part of the culture. Why dont people do that openly any more?

I get your point Salty and part of me can agrees that we can get our panties in a bunch too quick..... but sometimes we do have to draw a line. I dont know if this is it but where is it? What if it was a shoot a baby in the face game. Is that fine? You know if it was done in a comedic way I would probably think its funny. But if it was done in a serious way, well I would think thats sick.

Its not a zombie game by the way. Anyway the part that really got me is the racial undertones and a kid with a huge gun. You dont think kids and stupid impressionable people (even people with "mental health" problems play theses games?). And next we will wonder why there are more and more mass shootings....

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I mean you could also look at it like the black kid has chains and a ball gag on that white guy, but nobody will point that out because it's a white guy. Reverse that and all hell breaks loose in compton.

People who painted their faces black, or at least those that started that "genre" were racists. They owned people. That's messed up. That's why it's not done any more. Even the people doing it knew it was wrong, they just didn't care.
It's not a great game anyway, it's one of those "it's free but you need to give us real money if you want to get anywhere" games.

Sure looks like he is a zombie, or maybe he has sickle cell anemia. I don't think I would ever have put together that artwork for what the game is, but evidently someone liked it enough to publish it.

Jewel

I wish I had time to play video games...damnit my life is so hard!
Your life is so hard???

Are you working? Do you have a place to live?, Do you see your family? Do you suffer from mental illness? You're talking about something that offends you when there are people with nothing, homeless, unhappy and suffer from despair. That's where I'm at. And see no end in sight.

averhoog

hey give the guy a break theres always a spot for joking I enjoy that as well but it sounds like jewel isn't joking. maybe let up on him

Status
Not open for further replies.