The shyest fish you've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
after 2 weeks or so my 2 blue gudgeon dart fish finally venture a grand total of 10" from their burrow,
any sudden motion, inside or outside the tank sends them scurrying back as quickly as possible.

they are really cool fish, and are starting to come out a bit more but wow, never saw such a scared/shy bunch of fish in my life.

i havent been able to get a pic yet but heres a link to one if you really want to see what they look like
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1636+1694&pcatid=1694

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Thanks! There very cool, I can see there heads pokin out of the burrow more often.

Ya it's not fun to have cool
Fish that u never see lol

I've got 30" of water and a full canopy , unless the can escape through like 6" on the end of the canopy into the rest of the stand. But if there that stupid they deserve to die lol

Thmh

Website Affiliate
I have a purple dart fish and it's a wuss,but this is a first time i ever saw a blue one , he looks awesome!

PEWPEW!

C

Camps23

davesolo29 link said:
i had a black capped basselet.. i had no idea what it looked like until it died.  never saw the fish swim ever.

Dave did you kill my blackcap as well ? Did I send my fish to there deathbeds ?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
yes ryan.. you did.

had a marine velvet epidemic.  im so devastated by it all.  did as much research on what to do as i could and everything i read told me it was too late by the time symptoms appear.

I started treating with a new product by polylabs called medic and (hopefully) have managed to save 4 of them.  They have been alive for 13 days now since the rest of them went.

C

Camps23

Wow......
Tell me my blonde naso , powder blue, sailfin tang and blue throat trigger are ok......
PLEASE

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Camps23 link said:
Wow......
Tell me my blonde naso , powder blue, sailfin tang and blue throat trigger are ok......
PLEASE
The survivors are the coral beauty.... which is odd because he showed the worst symptoms and one of the first ones, the blonde naso, sailfin, and the yellow tang.
Im glad they seem to be pulling through,, but am very upset about the rest. 

C

Camps23

I just notified the wife.......
There will be a funeral service tomorrow morning in Tavistock if anyone wants to join  :'(
The powder blue was my baby......

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
Ya Dave is on trial for murder.... Judged my a jury of his peers ( us). Sentence to be determined :)
Sorry for the thread hijack Brandon... but even tho it did get hijacked, I dont think this is anything to joke about.  I feel horrible about it and i know Ryan is very upset too.

Status
Not open for further replies.