The Transformation

Winks

Website Affiliate
I have done a lot of “pre-work” and collecting of pieces and parts to transform my 3 exciting tanks into one, extruded aluminum, stand and make it turn a corner. My hope is to have the setup eventually look as it is one tank going around a corner. All three tanks will have their own sumps and be controlled and monitored with Neptune Apex. I also have on order right now a new custom built 110 gallon tank which I’m hoping will be here in the next month or month and a half. I’m sure a new control centre will also have to be considered.

Here is what I’m starting with.

B9B257FC-FCCA-4A29-A241-60AB9417312A.jpeg

Winks

Website Affiliate
All the mushrooms and fish are now relocated and the 75 gallon is empty and moved out of the way.

75_moved.jpg

The baseboard heater is hot water heat NOT electric. ( Just wanted to point that out. My curtains are never open and they are black out type so no worry about ambient lighting from the window.

New stand headed into place.

Kman

Super Active Member
Did you make that Apex cabinet? I like it.

The stand is turning out pretty sweet as well.

Winks

Website Affiliate
iI created the cabinet idea and built it. Torx did the custom 3D printed grommets for all the holes and the Neptune logo for the top

Winks

Website Affiliate
34EB79E4-5209-4C2F-BEE7-69D443531E16.jpeg
Picked up an Eshopps Prodigy L overflow today. Time to drill again. I can remember how nervous I was the first time I drilled a tank. As long as you prepare, there really nothing to it.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well got some plumbing done for the first tank. Lots more coloured piping to get installed on the 60 cube and the new 110 gallon which is due to arrive very soon. The control door will be next though as it will be in front of this tank. Here is a few pics of the plumbing for this 75 gallon. I have to give a huge shout out to @reefdiver of Sustainable Marine Canada for his never ending knowledge and help with tracking down some of the hard to find parts to this build.

Attachments

• half_way.jpg
    half_way.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG-0220.JPG
    IMG-0220.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG-0222.JPG
    IMG-0222.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG-0221.JPG
    IMG-0221.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG-0223.JPG
    IMG-0223.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG-0242.jpg
    IMG-0242.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123

Winks

Website Affiliate
The part that bothers me the most right now it the red handle on the gate valve!:confused: I'm going to have to take that off and get it to the orange colour. :D