The Transformation

Winks

Website Affiliate
Nice job Tim!!!

What is the reason the returns loop around like that?

Thank you.

It allows water to go both ways from the return pump which equalizes the flow in the loop. This allows for easier adjustment to have equal water coming out of the 2 returns. Very similar to a closed loop in a water system in most commercial buildings.

Winks

Website Affiliate
Shopping list came in today. Hopefully I got everything I need.

7D04B8FB-674D-4DB0-95BB-D07D55E36FFC.jpeg

Jason Bell

No wonder you need the cabinet, if your cabling looks half as good as the plumbing I think we need a full feature.

Winks

Website Affiliate
No wonder you need the cabinet, if your cabling looks half as good as the plumbing I think we need a full feature.

Cable management is my specialty! Having some custom made parts being made right now. This project has been in the makings for about a year and a half now and will probably be another year and a half before it's done.

Slow and steady because as we all know in reefing, nothing good ever happens fast.

Winks

Website Affiliate
What no flow sensors? :D Looking good Tim

Nah! If there is water coming out of the return then I have flow. If there is no water coming out the returns then I have no flow. Apex tells me if I have pump failure so don't really need the flow sensors. The corals tell me if I have enough flow in the tank...... LOL

Winks

Website Affiliate
The third and final tank (for now) is coming along nicely. Hopefully it will soon join the other 2 tanks on the stand. It's a journey for sure.

110_Back_Plumbing.jpg

The start of the plumping

Winks

Website Affiliate
Well got rid of the old tank during the week and put the new one in it's final resting spot. The plumbing is half done and I'll work on completing it this week. Cable management will be on the agenda soon also. will be happy to get everything back in it's spot.

A pic of all 3 tanks in place.

3_in_place.jpg