thmh semi in wall peninsula 90g sps dominated tank.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
spyd link said:
Congrats on that! I figured all those wrasses would get aggressive with one another.

i did my homework ;) all my wrasse come from the fairly and Halichoeres family so they're all peaceful :D in my tanks, thats a different story for my tangs. both the yellow and tomini try to grape my powder brown but he is a fighter and now their doing well.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Big thanks to typezero for finishing my bar!

Thank you broski! for finishing my full spectrum bar!<3
First impression on the full spectrum bar! Amazing! What i notice right away is the bar balance out my Blues and royal blues making everything looks more natural. Also the colours on my fishes pops a lot more! ill try to keep you guys updated on the progression of my corals in a few weeks.

image.jpeg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What LEDS did you use to make those and what colors did you add? also lets see a with/without the new LED photos of the tank. Also those drivers aren't safe in that Tupperware container, they can get really hot, that's a fire waiting to happen. your better off using an electrical box or something from Home Depot.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:
... Also those drivers aren't safe in that Tupperware container, they can get really hot, that's a fire waiting to happen. your better off using an electrical box or something from Home Depot...

+1 on that. That looks like the Aquastyle kit. Those drivers get almost too hot to touch. I would like to suggest some venting in that kit, personally, I would put a fan in it.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Yes it is from Aquastyle , the leds are from bridgeslux and i run red, green, cyan, violet, UV and pinks. I also made one of aquastyle DIY LED lights when i had my nano tank and i am still using it right now for my fuge lights and i never have heat issues with the drivers. But since you guys brought it up ill keep a close eye on my drives just to be safe.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
thmh semi in wall peninsula 90g sps dominated tank.

I've read that's important but why did you do it? Like what was your reasoning to connect the out put to the skimmer input

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Re: thmh semi in wall peninsula 90g sps dominated tank.

Brandon link said:
I've read that's important but why did you do it? Like what was your reasoning to connect the out put to the skimmer input

The pellets provide a carbon food source for bacteria. From all of the research I have done, they suggest that you need to remove the excess bacteria via skimming as a method of nutrient transport which is what provides the majority of NO3 and PO4 reduction. Without the skimmer you are creating a grossly excessive amount of pelagic bacteria in the tank which will cause a lot of problems and will be completely counterproductive to what the pellets aim to accomplish. (iam quoting this from someone else)

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Typezero and i are up to no good again!

Our blueprint of my new 2x 25g extended sump with a 3x1.5x1 frag tank up top.Also one of the 25G will be my water making tank, inspired darryl_v :D
photo7.jpg

We just banged out the stand today. Unfinished we still need to finalized the stand after we get the tanks.
photo8.jpg

Thmh

Website Affiliate
update on my extension build :D so typezero and i finished the stand and drilled 5 holes, now we are just waiting for the pluming to come.

photo12_zpsb778d622.jpg

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Re: thmh semi in wall peninsula 90g sps dominated tank.

Typezero is in the process of taking them right now, ill post them up soon

PEWPEW!