Tomato Clown

100gallon

So it would appear that my otherwise healthy tomato clown who happily hosted my flame tip nem is getting skinnier and skinnier. I have tried mysis, brine, ERC, nls pellets and cobalt marine flake. He looks like he is going to eat what ever he puts in his mouth then spits it back out.

Second issue, my neon candy cane looks like it has tiny polyps that resemble snowflakes, very rapidly multiplying on the base of the candy cane. size would be 1 to 2 mm.

Kman

Super Active Member
Have you recently added any new fish? Have you tried soaking the food in AminOmega by brightwells? I find the extra flavor helps get fish that aren't eating to eat.

Is the candy cane coral healthy? Are the polyps coming out? If it is healthy it could be new growth of daughter polyps. Or it could be eggs of a parasite.

100gallon

bce2c39ad003ca8f33b0f473524c921b.jpg

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
That doesn't look like daughter polyps. Lol

How long have you had the frag? Are the polyps attached by a common base or individual polyps? They kind of look like clavularia sp or some other polyps. How many tentacles (pedals) on each polyp? Are they feathery tentacles kind of like a palm tree?

100gallon

No really they look like a blue green snowflake! I believe individual bases. Six petals on smaller 8 on bigger.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
If it isn't a coral you want then I would scrub them off so that it doesn't take over your candy cane.

I wish I had some growing as a hitch hiker. :( I had bought some once but it all died off. I liked it when I had it in my tank. My tank seems to be opposite to everyone else's and easy corals are difficult for me. Maybe again someday now that my water parameters are getting better...