Torx's JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So I did get it today JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube HQI Aquarium with 150 Watt HQI Metal Halide Lighting with stand and a few other things. Bulb only has about a month of use. He gave be a box of stuff like syphon hoses, timer power bar, test kits, and all that other extra crap

Tank
JBJ-28-Gallon-Nano-Cube-LED-Aquarium-27-Watt-Intermediate-99.jpg

Halide
l_28g%20nano%20cube%20hqi%20lighting2.jpg

Stand
lg-33969-44470-fish-supply.jpg

JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Protein Skimmer Kit
jbj-28-gallon-nano-cube-protein-skimmer-kit.jpg

SO, aiming to do the transfers by weekend after next (as next weekend is easter weekend). One tank down and ready to get running this week, hopefully get the rock work done and tank set up. Waiting on my frag tank and set up that, big move coming soon.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Mostly cleaned up. The glass was a mess last night. Going to finish cleaning it and start filling tonight I hope. Then on to the rock work. I cut a piece of eggcrate to fit the bottom of the tank so that I can work on it out of water for the most part. Will be heading off to LFS for some sand substrate on my lunch today.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Here we go, and yes, I know, I need to clean my glass. I am just starting, will be adding more rock up the back now that I have more time to work on it. I want to put in one of the Candy Canes from my frag tank, but hoping that someone will stop by and pick one up, then I will put the other one in this tank. Hint hint nudge nudge. Very healthy candy cane and heads are currently splitting. $20 and/or trade for other LPS.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0742-1.jpg

My torch, was only 2 heads a few months ago. It has 7 now and currently splitting again. :D

IMG_0741.jpg

Here is that hammer that was shrived and dying in my old tank

IMG_0740-1.jpg

Here is my mandarin goby, always a little camera shy.

IMG_0446.jpg

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Looking good!
I almost bought one of these tanks for my seahorses but got talked out of it.  I still love the look.
If I lived closer, I would stop in to see your "for sale" corals as I'm just starting.  Someday I will be ready for more corals but I'm trying to go slow and not overload the system all at once.  It is so hard though.  I want everything at once.  ;D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Torx's JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube

My wife is loving the bio cube, we do not have a large house by any means. More like apartment size, so bio cube works for now. As we do renos to the house, that may change lol. I would like to build one into a wall or three. :D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thanks. Things are coming along slowly. Thinking about what to stalk, but might keep it simple with some snowflake clows. Nothing too exciting, but need something more then the Manderine in there. Need to work on adding more rock though so I can start adding more corals.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I can not wait until this grows out a little more as I already have two plugs, looking to get at least 3 more of it before moving it to my cube. Thanks to whom ever I got this from at the swap. Everlasting Gobstopper.

20130202_230304-1_zps2fd49800.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Lastly, this is with the Rapid LED retro fit upgrade and no skimmer, no dosing, only 5 gal water changes every week or 2. I did exchange a stock pump with a MJ1200. It is a lot louder when it starts, but it is about 40gph more flow out of it.

P

phi delt reefer

nice work torx!

u still got that under table tank?