Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So here we go. I am still working at obtaining some parts, as I am a PS3 guy myself and did not realize that i would need a rom bay cover and HDD case.

(here is hoping that the Sarnia crew and maybe Rick can help me out with more cases)

Getting to work on the case mods and cut glass this weekend hopefully. Here are the pics of the victim. This idea is from XBOX 360 Pico-Reef at Blue World Aquarium's blog

Check back every now and then as I will be updating this post mostly with the build to avoid having to go through pages to see the progress.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

This is where the 'window' is going to be. Looking at the front of an Xbox, it would be the right side.
IMG_0190.jpg

Looking at the front of an Xbox, the left side has 4 nubs inside that I will use as stand offs to avoid any small impacts from damaging the glass.
IMG_0191.jpg

Top cover, I have a 12v thin computer fan that I will be putting in the top. I have a cover to go over it where the HDD would sit.
IMG_0192.jpg

Cut out and inserted
IMG_0194.jpg

LEDs, 14 in total, 6 white, 6 blue, 1 UV, 1 blue that is being place down the front of the tank to light up the old LED spots for the unit.
IMG_0197.jpg

LEDs in place, just waiting for the compound to dry, then will wire it together.
IMG_0196.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I will not be in Chatham tomorrow and wife has the van for work so I can not meet you there :( (the world is against me LoL). I live in Blenheim, so if you are coming this far, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.