Transferring tanks

Bensaltwatertank

So I have a fluval 13.5 and just purchased a 60 gal cube but I’m wondering everyone’s thoughts on transferring

my plan was to buy live sand and use the amount of rock I’m using in my current tank then add some dry rock I have now I also was gonna add fritz turbo start to the aquarium but I’m wondering how I add the fish and corals to the new tank. can I put them in a bucket? Can I add them to the tank right away? Should I wait a few hours

Jason Bell

Only personal experience here, however I moved everything from the RedSea34 to a 120 and from that to the current tank. In all cases I had the new tank setup, added a couple bottles of Bio-Spira, one per day for 2 days and then proceeded to add the fish and corals. I took all the used media, carbon bags, sponges, filter floss whatever and added them in the sump. No fish death, a few corals which could have been the move, could have been the new lights, could have been new flow, who knows. Most of my fish have been with me for several years or with my friends and I took them from them, much hardier than people would think.