trip down memory lane- history of Poseidons saltwater aquariums

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
strolling through some old photos, found a pic of every tank ive had since the beginning :)

my very first salt water tank 3' long 2' deep 18' tall, would actually love to have this tank back if i could ever find it lol

Next was a 135 gal reef, 6'x18'x24' tall.

with my massive anemone which i got from ad_infinitium, who by the way introduced my to the forum :)

During this time i was phasing out my fresh water but hung onto this one for as long as i could, my 135g piranha tank.
had 11 good size red bellies in it. miss this one as well lol :)

Ive also attempted several '2nd tanks' in between all this. Most just ended up being sold, ;) for a meager profit of course

Next was my 180gallon, 6'x2'x2'
when i bought this thing i thought i wouldnt mind the scratches, (it was bad) i couldnt handle them after 6 months so i sold it.

This was about the time my frag tank started as well

(its come along way)

40g breeder, part of the frag tank for some time

this fish room was a crowded place lol

I also had a 92g pred tank, which last several months before i realized my tiny fishroom couldnt handle the heat and humidity

Then i picked up my current tank- 150g reef from a photo studio in toronto
, thats not me, a friend, (who did all the work i might ad haha)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yea it's a bit of a Problem of mine, I love building systems and when there built I get bored and want to start over, I have a hard time just leaving things alone lol.

RYOUNVS

Well if you feel like creating another system... come on over to my place... I'm thinking I want to set up a sump and have it run downstairs to the basement where my RODI is... reading reading reading! So much to know!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
RYOUNVS link said:
Well if you feel like creating another system... come on over to my place... I'm thinking I want to set up a sump and have it run downstairs to the basement where my RODI is... reading reading reading! So much to know!

doesnt take much, i know a few guys on here have basement sumps, just have a good strong pump pushing everything back up and a large sump :)

never stop reading, i still learn new things all the time reading articles every day