true percula but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatpaco

Is this a true percula clown only? Got him yesterday and don't know much about clown types etc...What is it? Just a true percula? He's cool no matter what cause he looks grumpy all the time! Thanks guys!!!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Almost looks like a Papua new guniea clown.... Look it up
I used to have one n didn't even realize it  :?

R

reeffreak

ya true perc , papue new gunie brandon had it dead on

phatpaco

Brandon link said:
I used to have one didn't even realize it  :?
I didn't realize it either. I honestly thought that he was cool cause he looked grumpy!!!! Not bad for $30 i guess! And I agree with Rick...Pat would be a good candidate for clown id's! Maybe call it clowning around?  ;)

R

reeffreak

ricklalonde link said:
Someone should make thread that IDs all the different clowns (cough cough..Pat).

Im on it !!!! lol rick your a funny guy

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
phatpaco link said:
[quote author=Brandon link=topic=3106.msg25343#msg25343 date=1347221202]
I used to have one didn't even realize it  :?
I didn't realize it either. I honestly thought that he was cool cause he looked grumpy!!!! Not bad for $30 i guess! And I agree with Rick...Pat would be a good candidate for clown id's! Maybe call it clowning around?  ;)
[/quote]

ya, 30$ is a steal for him... correct me if im wrong but i do believe they go for 100$ approximately.... thats the price the person who bought the one i had sold him for ...  :?

R

reeffreak

Brandon Im going to correct you .... They are not that expensive , Ive seen 100s at NAFB for $20 a peice ... they get sold for more around our area but I would never pay it . $30 is the most I would pay there not anything special like a snowflake or any of the desinger clowns

spyd

Super Active Member
I don't think it is a New Guinea Clown. Not enough darker coloration on the top fin area. I believe it is just solely a True Perc. Still a really nice fish but $30 is the normal going rate for one of these.

B

Bill@IA

spyd link said:
I don't think it is a New Guinea Clown. Not enough darker coloration on the top fin area. I believe it is just solely a True Perc. Still a really nice fish but $30 is the normal going rate for one of these.

Agreed. Its a nice looking Standard issue $20-$30 Percula.... not a PNG.

Of course even the fact it is a Percula over an Ocellaris can be debated. Unless you're counting out the dorsal ray we are really only going by colour here.

:)

R

reeffreak

if its a true perc its a PNG clown the black markings connecting bar 1 and bar 2 and a deeper orange will tell you this . if its from the soloman islands it would be more of a yellowish orange then a dark orange .  the black marking do not alter loacations its more in the orange color of this fish that will tell you where they reside from , also the behaviour of the fish aswell will be another sign of where they come from the soloman island clowns will be more active then the PNG clowns .

Status
Not open for further replies.