Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blob-79

anyone know what this is..cant remember

sorry didnt want to wait for it to finish taking its dump lol

C

crazybizzle

Blob is that in ur tank? Whats the size of that hard to tell from pic if that is a acan that looks awesome looks like a lobo sort of

B

Blob-79

ya should have put a scale beside it or something. :p the piece is around 6" in diameter (not circumferance :) ) I am positive it is not acan maxima. Its been on the tip of my toung since yesterday lol.  if it helps anyone it got a Z sound in it LOL or maybe its a X sound... dammit, pretty sure its a Z

B

Blob-79

ya that was my initial guess as well. But I dont think that is it either.

C

crazybizzle

Blob-79 link said:
[quote author=crazybizzle link=topic=901.msg5633#msg5633 date=1303570147]
Lol spelt tongue wrong.....lol circuference

anyone else see the irony in that statement? lolz
[/quote]

i did that on purpose lol u kill me

B

Blob-79

I think Ive got it narrowed down to 2 things now...what do you guys think, either Red Australomussa sp. or Red Vitiensis Scolymia

C

Cal_stir

Blob: here is a picture of our scolymia not eating and then within seconds of using a turkey baster with phyto mixed with a little reef roids

B

Blob-79

thats interesting...Ill try that out, see if I get the same responce.

The reason Im thinking its not a scolymia is the shape of the skeleton, I think basically I wont know what it is unless it starts to develop a second mouth. Considering how hard its been finding information, not much is known about these corals yet. And there seems to be a good amount of debate on actuall identification. Im begininning to think the 2 species i have narrowed down, are in fact the same thing.

Either way Im glad I found it

C

Cal_stir

http://picasaweb.google.com/flowdynamics/Fungiidae#
When you said it had a Z in it, and Seggsy said fungia, I got looking around and found this.  There is zoopilus echinatus.  But this page has a bunch of coral skelteton pictures.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Australomussa or Scolymia
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16455508

I think if this is what it is, it can go anywhere from $100-$200 and up!
Australomussa Rowliensis usually sell for over $200, and are very rare, though quite hardy. They are a deep water, low light coral.

Here is a link about it from Tropicorium...
http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/tropicorium/117153-think-you-have-seen-pretty-coral-pics.html

B

Blob-79

I just tried to feed, using the same mixture of zooplankton and reef roids, I havent seen any kind of feeding responce yet

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Blob-79 link said:
got it here in town from Family Pet centre. His supplier had some parameter issues, so lyle got it for me, to try saving. Ive only seen anything like this once before, in Toronto at Reef Raft, and they wanted $200 or somthing for it lol

Does he have anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.