Umbrella Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HockeyBen

For starters...I've never fragged anything in my life so this question might seem very novice but I'm curious none the less.

I have an umbrella leather that I have found half attached to two separate rocks.  About an inch - 2" above the original base, it had branched off and attached itself to another rock. 

I was just wondering if I could cut off the smaller portion of the base so that it is only attached to one rock?  Will the remainder of the base grow into another coral or simply die off?

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Apparently, leathers are very easy to frag so if you do cut it, the smaller piece should continue to grow.  I know quite a few who just cut a piece off and tie it to a plug and it grows.  I was also told that when my umbrella leather gets too big, I can just cut the top off and it grows a new top!  Amazing how hardy these are.  Good luck

H

HockeyBen

Thanks for the response.  I've watched youtube videos of the tops being trimmed and attached to other rocks to grow again as you've mentioned, but nothing about cutting the base.

Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.