Unknown coral

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looks to be something like a red monti cap but with lime green dots all over.

I have bleached part of the corner, it is now in less light, but have no idea what it is.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
looks like a purple montipora.  That is dead tissue on the back edges....not bleached.  Bleached implies that the tissue is very pale but still a live.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
looks like a purple montipora.  That is dead tissue on the back edges....not bleached.  Bleached implies that the tissue is very pale but still a live.

reef-exotic-3.jpg

Bang on darryl, would look like this if a macro photo was taken. Hmm, would not having enough light cause the tissue to die? I have been keeping it low flow/low light near chalices as I thought I had bleached it.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
If you were keeping it in close proximity to chalices, there is a good chance that the sweepers from a chalice is what caused this.

R

reeffreak

start dosing jerry...  especially with all the sps  frags

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
If you were keeping it in close proximity to chalices, there is a good chance that the sweepers from a chalice is what caused this.

Moved it, hoping that this was what happened. It seems to be growing only on the side that wasn't white, it seems be be growing like a thick rim, will this plate out like cap if nothing underneath it(rock)

Status
Not open for further replies.