Using Salifert Flatworm Exit For Zoa Nudi

Jeremyan7

I recently started a new reef tank and have been slowly stocking it with frags. One frag I purchased from Big Al's came with a hitch hiker (at least one). Nudi (white, about the size of a large grain of rice). I removed it. I can assume there are more...

Meanwhile, my Zoas won't open. They were open for the first 2 days and now have not been open in almost 2 weeks.
Water Params PH8.2 No2:0 No3:5 Alk:11dkh SPGV:1.027 temp 82f, Ammo:0
Moderate light cycle on about 6 hours a day.

I purchased Salifert Flat Worm Exit on the advice of a friend.
Anyone have experience using it in aquarium?
I'm told to use it twice (a week apart) to kill nudi's and eggs.

Thoughts?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Be very vey carful I just about crashed my tank with that stuff .. only use once every month n a half , I would recommend getting a wrasse that eats them I personally have a yellow purple tail wrasse , or if you have a small tank there is the 6 line wrasse.

Jeremyan7

Well, the advantage to my tank NOW, is it's only 3 months old, and not much "stuff" in it. So my ability to use more powerful stuff is greater..
I like a wrasse, but.. wow, they literally jump at any opportunity they get . I lost a clownfish a month ago to jumping.. I'll consider that though..

"Bayer Advanced" can be purchased from US about $50
kills everything
Be very vey carful I just about crashed my tank with that stuff .. only use once every month n a half , I would recommend getting a wrasse that eats them I personally have a yellow purple tail wrasse , or if you have a small tank there is the 6 line wrasse.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I guess it’s true about wrasses jumping , I do have a glass lid on my tank so he never gets to far . But honestly wrasses are amazing pest controllers and there for less work for you and no adding chemicals .

Kman

Super Active Member
I don't like using chemicals in the Reef tank. To me that is not a fix. I would rather take the coral out and treat even if that means taking the cock that the corals is on out.

thehvacman

I don't like using chemicals in the Reef tank. To me that is not a fix. I would rather take the coral out and treat even if that means taking the cock that the corals is on out.
Take what out! Little typo:)
Bayer works good but from what I understand it only temporarily paralyzs pests and if they aren’t blown off or scrubbed off the coral and skeleton, they will come back from so called death. I agree with Kman don’t use chemicals in reef, remove the coral to treat it is the best.

I would suggest going with the wrasse and a cheap mesh lid against dosing any chemicals. You never know what it can do to your tank mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk