Valentini puffers

nexusnight

Picked one of these awesome guys today in Kitchener. Going to get him in qt and see how he does for a while. I know he's a fringe fish but I don't mind if he eats my snail and hermits, that's just the price of keeping him. I'll try and get some pics later...
Any one else keep a puffer in a reef or other  fringe fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I wish, there was some (dogface) puffers at the LFS here that was extremely tempting. But A. I already have enough fish and need a bigger skimmer and B. I really like my boxer and my other fish would pick on him. I want a pred tank, then I would put him in there.

chief hill

I have one and its doing great. It hasn't harassed any of the CUC.  It's been a great fish in my tank.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

nexusnight

u have it in a reef tank? what corals do u keep? i was thinking of keeping him in 30g cube for now. maybe with a bi colour blenny and some zoas and softies.

chief hill

nexusnight link said:
u have it in a reef tank? what corals do u keep? i was thinking of keeping him in 30g cube for now. maybe with a bi colour blenny and some zoas and softies.
I keep all kinds of corals.  Torches, leather, Zoa, mushrooms, etc etc.  The only thing it did pick on was a maxima clam.  And I have since got rid of it. Otherwise no issues.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

nexusnight

Sweet i was going to put him in my 140 but read they are known to munch new growth on sps. Had to have em so I set up a 30g fluval I had kicken around. I think it's gonna turn into a full out nano build lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk