Vertex Libra Doser

benzzz

So I finally blew the dust off of this thing and was told to do a firmware update before using.  So I went to the Vertex website, downloaded the file and followed a you tube how to install.

Problem is.. it is a bin file and VLC is opening the file.

Tried to copy and paste into Vertex window as explained and it wont finish copying and gives error....

What program do I use to install this update?

Thanks in advance

BTW this PC doesn't have Office installed... in case that's the issue.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
You do not use any program to install it.

The video shows that you just copy and paste it into the folder that pops up when you plug in the doser to your PC. After you copy and paste it, then it is supposed to install and reboot on its own.

[youtube]rA-D2DZdre4[/youtube]

benzzz

In the video the file he copies looks like a sheet of paper with a folded corner.....

Mine doesnt look like that. Mine shows an orange P  meaning powerpoint.....

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
it doesnt matter, VLC associates BIN files defaultly... this is not the type of BIN file you have, you have a bianary image file (BIN) that is the firmware itself.. you cannot open this file in any program you will have installed on your computer.. the doser itself knows what to do with it, just follow the instructions and copy it over to the doser when you plug it in.

benzzz

so... it wont load it. keeps giving error....  unhooked from CP and tried to power up doser thinking it already had update and it wont power on...  that sucks  :eek:

benzzz

when i double click the Libra it has a folder called ready.  in that big window is where I tried to paste update.... it starts to copy it then stops saying cant continue because of error such and such number

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i dont have one of these, but watching that video there is no folder called READY, there is a file called READY and you cannot copy files onto files, its thinking your trying to open the BIN file with the READY file..
you want to right click anywhere else in the DOSER window and click paste,  hopefully its still showing "READY" when you plug it into the computer.. once you copy the file dont do anything. untill you see the SUCCESS file show up

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The symbol does not matter, whether it be the VLC cone, or PDF or which ever. Not sure what to advise, may want to reach out to the Vertex support if you are getting errors. Maybe your version of Windows is diffferent as their video was back on XP or something lol.

benzzz

No support team , website says contact dealer who sold you the item

I tried several ti,es... it starts to load and then stops.

Office desktop is Windows 7
Will wait until my daughter gets home to use her laptop it is windows 8 I think..

If not I will go see Ken tomorrow where I got it from

benzzz

Forum called Ultimate reef has 2 Vertex guys on there as members and quite a lengthy thread 14 pages so I posted my issue there in hopes someone may help.

Thanks guys here I will let you know how I make out

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If you have team viewer, I would be more then willing to login and try for you this evening when I'm home.

benzzz

That is very kind of you to offer... What is a team viewer?  Tried to get my wife on a site simular to that and she declined.....    :eek:  lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Hahaha it's remote software where with your acceptance I login using a code you give me and I can see your screen/take control of session if given permission of you.

I replied to your private message with my cell number.

benzzz

Thanks Pistol. I dont know what I was thinking.....  Everything is loaded with new firmware.

Special thanks to Jerry for the offer of help  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now onto figuring this thing out... Can't be any worse than my old GHL