Vertex Omega 150

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
ive been searching for a quiet skimmer that fit in my sump for quite some time with the ability to skim like my MRC or as close to it as possible.ive researched the omega 150 for a couple of weeks and compared it to a few for sale locally. this head to head review was the one that sold me on this skimmer to try.
Although this was gently used since the spring it is in fact like new condition.
ive been a die hard downdraft beckett guy for years,im sure hoping to get the results in the long term from this skimmer

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/02/headtohead-review-vertex-omega-150-protein-skimmer/

it set up easily,after some twisting and messing around it sits in my center chamber of my sump.it is dead quiet but i am sure i will have to service it more frequently than my MRC2 (2 weeks)

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Had a power outage through the night last night when I left for work it didn't restart like it should have I had to unplug it and I will check into it when I get home today

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Update:

been a bit so thought i would update this,this skimmer is dead quiet and produces tons of dark smelly skimmate,i had the impeller come apart within 2 weeks (had visions of my in-180 with restart issues)but with the 2 yr warranty it was replaced without issues and only pics were needed to verify it.my present sump is way over crowded so today i am assembling a new sump.will take some getting used to service this skimmer as it wont get the 2+ week intervals my MRC allowed me,i will do this sump without baffles for now and use that slick weather strip trick i seen somewhere here awhile back.BRS sells this skimmer at $399 +++

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-omega-150-protein-skimmer.html

and here in Canada Advanced sells for the same price but in CAD and no shipping or duty and Flavio was incredibly helpfull with the warranty on my impeller

http://www.advancedreefaquatics.ca/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=401&osCsid=u958vrk2t352v9f9gr291mjne4

once all is inplace i will update again after its run some with video,so far would i recomend this skimmer?absolutley!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neo runs a delay on his skimmer. When the power goes out,  your water level rises. When the power comes back on,  that water level stays high for a few moments.  His delay keeps tge skimmer off long enough for tge level to go down. If not, your skimmer cup will ovetflow. Baffles or delay relay.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Victoss

So after another month with this skimmer, would you still recommend it? BRS is having a black Friday sale and it's looking fairly tempting. Also if someone ::) were to buy this where would they obtain a backup impeller?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Is it time for our group order this Friday ? Or is that to late to kick into motion?
I also need a few things

J

jones02

hey phil how loud is this skimmer? im going to pick one up for my build i think.

Jewel

I purchased the Vertex Omega 130 from Flavio for my 70 gl, It is super quiet, I've been running it for a week now and it's finally set-up. It took a bit to set up but now that it is I'm very happy with the purchase.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
only thing i dont like about mine is its full of coriline algae and i gotta take it out of the sump if i want to remove it,flavio is a good guy to deal with,had one hell of a boxing week sale goin on there

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
only thing i dont like about mine is its full of coriline algae and i gotta take it out of the sump if i want to remove it,flavio is a good guy to deal with,had one hell of a boxing week sale goin on there

You have a light shining on it in your sump ?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
yes,
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=6234.msg76030#msg76030 date=1389088392]

You have a light shining on it in your sump ?
[/quote] yes,frags live there as well as a few different micro algae,the new setup has much more headroom,wont be such a pain but i do with i had kept my old skimmer now  lol