Vinegar Hurt Anything

Jason Bell

So I filled my mixing bins and added 1/2 gallon of vinegar to circulate and clean them. I have now drained the tanks and perhaps a litre of the water is left, will that hurt anything given i will have 120g of water?

Painter Steve

Donor
Vinegar will damage pump magnets. I learned the hard way when I first got in the hobby. Not sure about it being that diluted but I personally would dump it if possible.

Jason Bell

I typically use citric acid for all cleaning but had a couple jugs if that left. I think I can get my shop vac down to the bottom, that should take out the rest.

marks69

Just like vodka dosing. Get what you can but don't be to worried

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I once did a water change with a bucket that the housekeeper had used for bleach and mr. clean. Now I'm pretty paranoid about getting any kind of contaminant into the tank, and I hide/label all my buckets. I don't know as if that much acid would mess with the balance (probably not), but probably a good idea to try and suck out what you can, and even better if you can dilute it even more and drain it again?

You just never know, it could be a nice big meal for some dinos just floating around waiting to explode.

Seasquirt

Torx you're just feeding salty with those comments Lol
That small bit of vinagar isn't going to hurt a thing, and salty?

Big dif between bleach and vinagar,

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Torx you're just feeding salty with those comments Lol
That small bit of vinagar isn't going to hurt a thing, and salty?

Big dif between bleach and vinagar,
Yes there is a big difference in using bleech vs vinegar. The member used vinegar though so there is no issue.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk