Want to know what your corals would look like under a RB LED setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
I used it in the pitch black last night.  It 100% puts my ~90 royal blues to shame. I don't know what the deal is, but it brought out colours i didn't even know where there.  I don't know if a bulb like this can run long term, but I now just want to have 4 of these on the tank. :)
yu can get the kessils  mount like 3 of em

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4108.msg37165#msg37165 date=1358873188]
I used it in the pitch black last night.  It 100% puts my ~90 royal blues to shame. I don't know what the deal is, but it brought out colours i didn't even know where there.  I don't know if a bulb like this can run long term, but I now just want to have 4 of these on the tank. :)
yu can get the kessils  mount like 3 of em
[/quote]

Heh, no.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
jerry_doucette link said:
Are you shining through front of glass or from top down? Might just be the fact it has less water to go through before it hits coral?

Both, I think it's just a whole different LED from what we have on the tanks.  Higher output, different spectrum etc.  Put it this way, I -almost- scrapped a little frag that I thought was dead, it's been a pale green for about a month (used to be an awesome teal/purple).  I thought it had bleached and it was growing algae...until that light hit it.  It is all sorts of alive, so I guess I'll just have to be patient with it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.