Water Change Containers.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
What are the best containers for water changes and where? Also would prefer something on wheels, since i mix it in my.room and have to drag it across the house everytime im ready for the change. Thanks
Riley

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Just go grab a rubermaid brute container. They come with wheels and it's quite sturdy

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Or just get a long hose and pull it out rather then dragging 100+lbs of water around?????? Go buy a dedicated garden hose if need be cut the ends off and push in a nipple with fittings for a pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart84

03353510-2DFC-4645-8FA9-8B1671F83EB8_zpsteosobud.jpg

This is what I use thanks to yangman. With a couple twist of the valves I can pump either salt water or rodi to all my tanks.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Youd need a good pump for the distance, no?
Not really unless you going upstairs. I have a spare mag9 I use and can pump thru 50' hose easily in basement to sump pump for drainage or to fill tanks. I have spare empty glass boxes that I use to make large quantities and get premixed

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I have a 50 gallon good grade container. My tank is about 50 ft away in the basement and the food grade container is right under my rodi unit. I just drop an eheim pump attached to my hose and pump water into the tank after a wc. I use the same pump and hose to pump to a drain line in my unfinished area of the basement. Water changes are about 20 minutes for 40 gallons.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought new containers since the ones i had were cracking and starting to lose its sturdiness. 2 32gall rubbermaid recycling container. One i drilled a hole near the bottom and put in a tap so i dont need to dump it, just turn the valve lol.