Water softeners

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Do you guys know about these electronic water softeners??

Our water is right out of the rockies, so not surprising we have REALLY hard water here. Like your taps plug up in a month kind of hard water. The previous owners sold the salt system (because they were complete dicks), but I note that about 30 trees had died just downhill from our weeping bed. Very likely from the salt. So we didn't want to go that route, but our plumbing was just being brutalized.

So I took a chance and bought an electronic system. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive, and in the thousands. Literally within a week of hooking it up, out taps/toilets were clear, soap was actually sudsy, and best of all, no salt.

Just wondering of those that need softeners, do you use one of these, or know about them? I only post because I almost went and just replaced the salt system, which I suppose would have just continued to sterilize the soil around here (the only thing that grows near the weeping bed are grasshoppers and moles). This one supposedly does a couple of miles of plumbing, which is great since our heating is in-floor and connected to the water mains, so hopefully it's getting the treatment too. It was insanely bad. Shower glass looked frosted (but wasn't), drains and diverters wouldn't work, the toilets had thick sediment rings, and all of it gone