Wavebox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zakk

Thanks to Blob for putting the idea to get one in my head, and thanks muchly to Al for the deal!  Was up working perfectly inside of 5 minutes.  Gotta say, first impression is sooooo good.  Almost totally silent (I remember the one at IA made a lot of noise and really put me off of them until now), and so easily adjustable. 

Any tips or tricks would be welcome, I mean, it's totally simple, but if someone has a really good bit of insight it would be welcome!

Cheers guys!

Z

Zakk

Yeah that one was really noisy, maybe it's just seen a lot of miles or needs a new pump, I remember thinking I would never want that much annoying noise in my living room.  The fish seem to be getting a kick out of it, although the cleaner shrimp took a long unexpected swim across the tank.  ;D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
can you post a picture and or a video, does it work ok with your overflow? thats sweet.. im curious of how you have it mounted too

Z

Zakk

Probably can do that.  I have two overflows, it sort of just makes a wave in them as well.  I mounted on one side with magnets, can likely vid it tomorrow if my head isn't killing me...  ;D

C

crazybizzle

if no one wants to pony up money for a tunze seriously the fish street wavebox that me and kk got are awesome for 200 bucks and its not loud at all i would recomded it. basically the same without the tunze name and pump plys if the tunze pump ever goes it woyld cost 100-200 for new pump where if mine goes it cost 40

Z

Zakk

Can't argue it at all.  Tunze does have a good name for themselves, I'm not sure but it's got to be either dutch or german, and if it's german, man those crazy nazi's stand behind their stuff.  If it's dutch, then it's a cost effective device. 

**edit.  They're german.  I'm a scotsman, and even I can appreciate the damn germans and their dedication to a quality product.  If a new pump costs $100 it's probably worth it.  No offense Bizz but I'm going to guess that your $40 pump is Chinese?? 

Of course, I have no stake in anything reef wise, it doesn't pay any of my bills, and likely never will, so I just spell it out as I see it.  The atman pumps have been a royal PITA and have really pissed me off lately, so that's likely where my head is at. 

P

phi delt reefer

Zakk link said:
Can't argue it at all.  Tunze does have a good name for themselves, I'm not sure but it's got to be either dutch or german, and if it's german, man those crazy nazi's stand behind their stuff.  If it's dutch, then it's a cost effective device. 

**edit.  They're german.  I'm a scotsman, and even I can appreciate the damn germans and their dedication to a quality product.  If a new pump costs $100 it's probably worth it.  No offense Bizz but I'm going to guess that your $40 pump is Chinese?? 

Of course, I have no stake in anything reef wise, it doesn't pay any of my bills, and likely never will, so I just spell it out as I see it.  The atman pumps have been a royal PITA and have really pissed me off lately, so that's likely where my head is at.

better not look at the "MADE IN" sticker on your new reef octopus skimmer  :p

Z

Zakk

phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=Zakk link=topic=2071.msg15951#msg15951 date=1328503043]

better not look at the "MADE IN" sticker on your new reef octopus skimmer  :p
[/quote]

heh yeah I hear you, in fact I think the sticker came off and was floating around in the sump.  ;D 

Z

Zakk

I will shoot a clip of the wavemaker in action shortly.  It must have dug up a lot of stuff, it set the skimmer into overdrive, it looks like I was brewing coffee in the collection cup this morning!

Z

Zakk

Petercar link said:
I got my weekly email from BRS and there's a 5 dollar off coupon and the tunze wavemakers are discounted and yu get 1000 points

I got the same notice, as I've had the wavebox in my shopping cart for about 2 weeks.  I guess I should let them down easy now that I have one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.