weird anemone

MrHermit85

How long has he been in your tank? Also how old is your tank and how is your water looking? I have a few BTA's and they sometimes will shrivel up when they are taking a crap or just for any old reason and stay like that for a few hours...

tbinkley

He's been in the tank for about a week the clown.hasn't really left him alone I thought maybe the bta was getting mad tank it a few years old I've had it for like 3-4 weeks transfered water and everything with tank

MrHermit85

Maybe just give him time to settle. None of my anemones opened up fully in the first week. I am not sure whether they do get bothered by clowns though as my clowns couldn't give a darn about any of my BTA's lol.
How did the anemone look when you got him a  week ago? Also what sort of lights do you have? From what I understand they need moderate lights.

tbinkley

Okay he hasn't got smaller since I got him just deflated kinda and I'm using a four foot corallife light with two 55wat florescent blubs

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
tbinkley link said:
Okay he hasn't got smaller since I got him just deflated kinda and I'm using a four foot corallife light with two 55wat florescent blubs

yea your going to need some more light, 4 minimum- 6 bulbs would be ideal

MrHermit85

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=tbinkley link=topic=8759.msg94147#msg94147 date=1400362888]

yea your going to need some more light, 4 minimum- 6 bulbs would be ideal
[/quote]

+1

tbinkley

There is only room.for two bulbs should I buy a whole new lighting system again just received the.tank light came.with it n I'm new to this whole thing

MrHermit85

How old are the bulbs? I feed mine sinking pellets to and they are quite happy but I do treat them to raw shrimp every so often too.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
You can easily over feed nems as well.
I never feed mine and it's as happy as can be
They are photo synthetic so lighting is very very importanr

sunnykita

Super Active Member
agreed Brandon, lighting is very important, I find when I don't feed mine it is getting food from the tank, I'll see it's mouth all puckered up and puffed out and know it's consuming something !