What’s wrong with my fish

NickMyatt

Hello Everyone,

Got home from work today and realized that both my clowns look like they have a disease, could someone help?

here’s what they look like, let me know what’s up.

Attachments

• IMG_8144.jpeg
    IMG_8144.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8143.jpeg
    IMG_8143.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 39

dale

What if I have no quarantine tank?
saltwater fishkeeping is an expensive and complicated endeavor , it looks like if brooklyn is your problem then it says you would need fomalin, ive had brooklyn in my tank and couldnt quarantine and medicate and it didnt go well... your best bet it to get yourself a 10 gallon tank and a small heater and a hang on the back filter for these occasions.. if you do get formalin and treat your tank, it will kill off your biofilter and your fish wont survive that either.. in short.. you need a quarantine tank to keep fish properly.. best of luck my friend.

ptora

Agreed with what everyone mentioned so far. Definitely brooklynella or known as clownfish disease which fish can succumb to it and die fairly rapidly without medication. I've treated it successfully with Ruby Reef Rally Pro in a reef tank. However to get rid of it fully you'll need to run your tank fallow (without fish) for 6 weeks from what I've read.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
If you don't have super expensive sps try using fritz expel-p. Treatment dose is bio filter, coral, invert and plant safe. I use it for treating external parasites on freshwater shrimp but used it on my clown too. (They bring all kinds of nasties from breeders). It is mostly for external parasites and great for worms and does kill some internal too but the main benefit is it acts as an immuno booster so it helps greatly especially if feeding garlic food or adding garlic guard. I have also used it as an immuno booster on fish with ich and it helped alot. Regular dose is safe for everything and triple dose is some of the best coral dip you can buy, literally paralizes flatworms and nudibranches instantly so it's good to have around. Leathers and softies will get upset a couple days but doesn't harm them. Never tried with sps so can't say yet but great for dips.