What eats green hair alge? or how do I get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleko

hey everyone I have a had some problems with GHA and how can I get rid of it other that riping it off piece by piece. I have a 24g nano cube and cant have any big fish in it.
Thanks,
Mason

C

C Henry

sea hare... it cleaned my tank up very quickly but it soon starved to death because it cleaned up too quick lol, it sucked because i kinda liked that ugly thing. but if you have other people that are in need of it i would pass him on when your done to keep him alive..

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Kleko link said:
hey everyone I have a had some problems with GHA and how can I get rid of it other that riping it off piece by piece. I have a 24g nano cube and cant have any big fish in it.
Thanks,
Mason

As per most of my oppinions..Please dont buy a sea hare just to deal with GHA...You need to find the source of the GHA and deal with that. My guess is your nitrates and phosphates are high. You need to test for these and deal with them accordingly. GHA wont grow unless you provide it with an environment it likes.

Seggsy

Blob-79 link said:
[quote author=C Henry link=topic=679.msg5524#msg5524 date=1303346840]it soon starved to death because it cleaned up too quick lol

I just dont see the humour in that statement.
[/quote]

Let he who is without accidently killing sea life cast the first stone.....the lol is not offensive, I checked with my tank inhabitants.  They understand nervous laughter.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
I dont mean to act like I have never had any accidents. But they were in fact accidents. IMO buying livestock..seeing it starve to death..then recomend someone else do the same is no accident.

All Im trying to say is buyiing livestock in reaction to a problem in your tank is a bad practice. If you want a sea hare..sure get one, but please research its needs and its diets. If you cant provide for its needs..then why would you buy one.

S

shayneh

People that live around glass houses never cast stones.....I second Blobs opinion that the source of food for the GHA be eliminated instead of adding another inhabitant especially in a biocube when one is very limited on what they can keep in their tanks. I am forced to ask the usual question what are tank params and are you using RO/di?

xxmurrxx

If your going through the cycle which I believe you are?  These types of algae will come and go.
I would not worry too much about it right now.

After my cycle was 100% complete I did a lights out for a day or two and all the crap disappeared for good (So far  :eek: )

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Ive used h202 dosing on GHA in the past with good success,Ive just finished doing the same for that damn bubble algae that i contracted a few weeks ago and after less than a week i see none anywhere,i dont recommend this but i do confirm it works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.