what is wrong with my skimmer?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
My skimmer will justball.of sudden stop producing bubbles.. ive replaced the hose. Ive blown through makong sure tgeres nothing stuck. Im lost. Its driving me nuts tho. Its a coralife 220

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeferkeeper420 link said:
When it does that there is no air going through the hose. The pump was recently cleaned to...

sometimes the the little outlet in the air intake gets turned around, sometimes you have to jimmy it around alittle,
i remember when i used to have a 220, i used a high power air pump and just hooked it up to the air line, worked amazing :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
reeferkeeper420 link said:
Just stops producing bubbles. Water is still flowing.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I think you should take the pump off and check it all out again. But first, if take the pump off and leave it in the water, then blow through the air line, you should see bubbles come out. If not, there is still something clogged, which is really the only thing that can be wrong if water is still flowing through IMO.

I also read that they are very sensitive to where the air line is, it should only be about 3" above the water line.

KBennett

With the broken shaft, it had enough power to pump, but not enough to suck the air more than a couple inches below the water line.  I limped along for a very long time by raising the skimmer.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
If it runs fine in a bucket but not in your sump, my guess would be you have some stray voltage in your system shorting it out. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk